cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from a Private Caller so that my FIRST LAST name come up on somebody's Caller ID

chosie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I call people, it comes up as a private caller.  However, I would like my name to come up on the screen for people so they can readily identify me if I am not in their contact list.  How can I switch to this? 

3 REPLIES 3

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Regardless of whatever the menu options are in a phone to do block outgoing caller ID, here is how you can change the default outgoing caller ID behaviour manually on any phone:

You can make outgoing caller ID blocking permanent for all future calls by default by dialing *31#

When blocking outgoing caller id by default, you can enable it "per call" by prefixing *31# to a number (ie *31#xxxyyyzzzz )

Return to to allowing outgoing caller id by default by dialing: #31# alone, which is what I believe you're after.

Regardless, only your number, not name, is sent to the recipient of your call unless your number is in their contacts only then will your name show.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@chosie , check the settings on your phone app.  It might be set to block your number and so the recipient will not know who the caller is.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @chosie ,

The people you are calling will need to add you as a contact for them to see you as your name.

Public Mobile does not have outbound call display for the caller's name (only phone number displays).

Need Help? Let's chat.