cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed phone number

Grace123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i just changed my phone number on self service by choosing the new number since yesterday. It is shown in the account with my new phone number but when I tried to call the new number, it said “6UT1 the number you reach it is not in the service”. I tried to reset the network and it’s still didn’t work. Please help. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Grace123 

try to Changing Your Number again,

You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated. To change or transfer your number after activation, go to your Self Serve Account here link, and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number or to transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider.

and Reboot your phone.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone about 2 minutes and turn it back on.

and if still not fix it please you Have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,

Explain your issue they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Service by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Grace123  It does sound like there was an issue with the Change number

did you try to put your SIM in another phone ?  

Or if you don't have a second phone, at least try to power off the phone first.  Wait 2 mins and then power it back up and see if it works.

If issue still persists, you can open a ticket with PM to have it sorted out.  Or a quick way is to request another Change number request.  But keep in mind you can only change number 4 times in a month

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Grace123 wrote:

i just changed my phone number on self service by choosing the new number since yesterday. It is shown in the account with my new phone number but when I tried to call the new number, it said “6UT1 the number you reach it is not in the service”. I tried to reset the network and it’s still didn’t work. Please help. Thank you.

@Grace123 

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot                                                            

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

IF still issues after above...

Did you select a new phone number, or were you transferring one from another provider?

If transferring a number, were you porting a number from an account that is currently active?

Or, from what provider?

IF a new number, and you are not committed to it, try changing the phone number again. Log out of self serve. Reboot phone.

One more thing, do you have an iphone?

Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Grace123 wrote:

It seems the number change has failed or the SIM not provisioned properly.

You'll need to contact Customer Service for help, either via Chatbot or Private Messaging:

Private Messages - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.