cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change number after 1 month

Rose25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I would like to know whether it's possible to change my number after using it for a month? I would like to change it to an older number that I was having. 

7 REPLIES 7

Guess I read that question wrong 🙄 

Way 2 go team @gblackma @gpixel for covering me 👊😆

@Rose25 you can contact customer support here to port your number over. just like everyone said though, if the previous number is inactive. this method won't work.. unless your previous provider was Telus or koodo

type "port request"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

@Rose25 who was your previous connection? And is the number still active? Thanks.

Rose25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had wanted to change my new umber to the one that I got from my previous connection

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

To go with my 1st post above. You could always try calling your old number and see if anyone answers or if it's not in service. If it's not in service you would have to contact the provider that originally had the number. (Example you got number when signing up with Fido. Then it's their number)

You'd likely have to open an account with them for a month to get that number back. Then port it to your Public Mobile account.

Edit : or as @gblackma  asked. Are you wanting to port a number over from another provider??

@gblackma  nice one. That didn't cross my mind based on reading the question.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Rose25  are you asking if you can transfer/ port a number from another provider or are you enquiring about changing you number to a new number? If the former, once the number is active and moderator help is required. Latter, once every 30 day cycle from within your self service account. Welcome to the community. Stay safe. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Public mobile allows one number change per 30 days. To do so log into your account.

You can't get an old number back however.

Orange arrow on picture below

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.