cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell phone says land line number is not connected

crasmuss1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am exhausted to literal tears here guys. I've done everything! Including changing my number 3 times. My landline works, (it's been tested) but if I dial my land line on my cell, it says number not connected. You can even dial out on the land line. Calls come through, but not if made on my cell. Sigh... So frustrating! *pulls hair

*** TY ALL SO MUCH! I decided to try calling my home line company, and they were able to resolve the issue. 🙂 I guess it had nothing ot do with public mobile. lol. Ty for helping. Not sure how to delete this. lol

15 REPLIES 15

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@crasmuss1 FYI: no need to delete your otiginal post even if though it turned out not to be a PM problem. There may be future customers with the same issue so a resolution is helpful.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@crasmuss1 wrote:

Ty for trying to help! I changed the cell phone number now 3 times. When I call the hose phone, it says 6u1 the number u reached, is not in service. I have been with Public Mobile about 3 years.:) My landline is the only number my cell can't call? Cell can receive calls from the land line? home number is 1 xxx-xxx-xxxx

@computergeek541 

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@crasmuss1 wrote:

I am exhausted to literal tears here guys. I've done everything! Including changing my number 3 times. My landline works, (it's been tested) but if I dial my land line on my cell, it says number not connected. You can even dial out on the land line. Calls come through, but not if made on my cell. Sigh... So frustrating! *pulls hair

*** TY ALL SO MUCH! I decided to try calling my home line company, and they were able to resolve the issue. 🙂I guess it had nothing ot do with public mobile. lol. Ty for helping. Not sure how to delete this. lol

Hi @crasmuss1 well there you go.. it's not PM issue after all.  Now, if you haven't, remove the telephone number you had posted.  NEVER post personal information on a public forum.

Take care.  Cheers!  😊

Please use the 3 dots on the top right of your post to remove your personal information from the post.  This is a public forum.  Contact the moderators to provision your account as suggested above @crasmuss1 . Stay safe. 

crasmuss1

Ty so much! Sound like great solution. Hope it works! 😄

You should remove any personal information as this is a public forum.  Click on the three dots on the top right.

crasmuss1

Ty for trying to help! I changed the cell phone number now 3 times. When I call the hose phone, it says 6u1 the number u reached, is not in service. I have been with Public Mobile about 3 years.:) My landline is the only number my cell can't call? Cell can receive calls from the land line? home number is

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

@crasmuss1 check to see if your cell has your landline on the blocked numbers list. This is probably the reason. Since you changed your number 3 times. Stay safe.  

@crasmuss1 wrote:

Hey 🙂 Ty for trying to help. Not sure what u mean by port. I have been with Public Mobile about 3 years.:) My landline the only number my cell can't call? Cell can receive calls from the land line? I have just changed my number for the 3rd time. 

@crasmuss1 , try asking the moderator team to do an account reset.  I have been a customer for over 3 years also.  Early on, I had account provisioning issues that affected certain numbers that I could not call.  Account reset fixed the issue.  Anyway, the moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.  Good luck.

crasmuss1

Hey 🙂 Ty for trying to help. Not sure what u mean by port. I have been with Public Mobile about 3 years.:) My landline the only number my cell can't call? Cell can receive calls from the land line? I have just changed my number for the 3rd time. 

@crasmuss1 

That is frustrating.  

By chance, is your landline or mobile number a newer "area" code in your area.  That sometimes affects phone calls if one of the companies do not recognize the number.  Maybe try add in a 1 in front of the area code   ie. 1 - (xxx) xxx- xxxx

Yes more info. Is either your landline new or service with PM new? What number did you change...cell number or landline number? That is the exact wording of the message you get..not that the number can not be called? What is the area code and exchange of each of those numbers... XXX-XXX.

AE_Collector

crasmuss1

Hey 🙂 Ty for trying to help. My landline the only one my  cell can't call? Cell can receive calls from the landline? Good though. Hmm.... I did change my number 3 times though. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@crasmuss1 wrote:

I am exhausted to literal tears here guys. I've done everything! Including changing my number 3 times. My landline works, (it's been tested) but if I dial my land line on my cell, it says number not connected. You can even dial out on the land line. Calls come through, but not if made on my cell. Sigh... So frustrating! *pulls hair out

A bit more background info would help...is yours a new cell plan ? Did you first try to port from somewhere ?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@crasmuss1 is your landline the only one your cell can't call? Can your cell receive calls from the landline? Could you check to see if your landline may have been inadvertantly placed on the cells do not call list? Thanks. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.