cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell data stopped working last week

dragos
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Cell data stopped working on my wife's phone last week.

The cell data is enalbled in settings and as far as I cans ee, she just entered the new billing period and there are 3GB available. She has reboot the phone coupe of times, no effect; she cannot use any phone apps requiring data when is on cell sevice only (all work onk on WIFI)

Here phone is iphone 5SE

Thank you,

Dragos.

9 REPLIES 9

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Glad I could help 🙂

dragos

Hi,

Thank you very much, updating to 10.3.3 fixed the issue! I still don;t understand how/why 🙂

Thanks everybody for help!

Rockdaddy22
Please be %100 sure that she has data remaining. Unfortunately I've seen a few times where people realize after, that they actually have no data left. It's just weird that it stopped suddenly after working for a period of time.

Rockdaddy22
Please update to the latest iOS 10.3.3 if possible.

srlawren

@dragos come to think of it you could also try resetting the network settings.  Again I don't know the specifics for iOS but I believe that could be helpful.  You could also try connecting to iTunes on a computer to see if there are any carrier updates available for the phone.  Last resort would be a factory reset but this would wipe the phone so back up anything not already synced to iCloud or another service.  But I'd try APN settings verification and carrier update check first, then probably network settings reset, then factory reset. 

unless anyone has better ideas!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@Luddite@Rockdaddy22 can you guys be of any assistance to @dragos?  Sorry Dragos I'm not an iPhone guy but I'm thinking you may need to check your APN settings but I can't really walk you through that.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dragos

Hi,

Thank you very much for quick reply.

Airplane mode is off, Cell Data is turned on.

Theere are still 3GB available for the current billing period.
Please let me know,Phone shows "Public Mobile" carrier and phone calls/SMS are working fine.

Dragos.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@dragos,

I'm not sure if you've verified in Self-Serve (myaccount button) if the data is still available in the account.  If all data has been used within the prepaid cycle, the information WILL NOT show in Self-Serve.  If there is information there, the data is still available.

Have you checked to ensure airplane mode is not enabled?   Is the phone able to connect to either 3G or LTE services by choice or automatic?

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Please edit your post to remove the phone number.  This is a publicly accessible forum, and your information is not private here.

Need Help? Let's chat.