cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Cell Tower Coverage

2G, 3G and LTE. Usually set to 3G but tried LTE option. No noticeable change to the signal strength.  

@geopublic wrote:

@cprnicus  PM and Bell share the same towers. The only explanation would be that Bell supports VoLTE and PM is strictly 3G for calling.

Ahhh, this may very well be the reason.TY!

It's 100% the provider

Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tippietoes wrote:

It's 100% the provider

@Tippietoes what are you basing this on?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I am basing this on personal experience I live on the boundary line of the cell phone coverage area and my bars constantly on a number one or two bar signal strength and have a lot of issues with both pm and telus in our house. We miss calls drop calls and reception is an issue as well,  however if we are mobile and closer to a tower we have zero issues.... hope that helps answer your question

Mayor / Maire

@cprnicus wrote:

Ahhh, this may very well be the reason.TY!

VoLTE might be the reason if signal strength is different during voice calls. Otherwise both phones should be on LTE with the same signal strength... the real difference is the phone itself.

Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tippietoes wrote:

I am basing this on personal experience I live on the boundary line of the cell phone coverage area and my bars constantly on a number one or two bar signal strength and have a lot of issues with both pm and telus in our house. We miss calls drop calls and reception is an issue as well,  however if we are mobile and closer to a tower we have zero issues.... hope that helps answer your question

@Tippietoes that doesn't explain the difference observed between the two users, given that they are on the same network.  (Telus and Bell share their networks.)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.