cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier issues

kyledouglas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i have a account with public mobile, on my samsung s7 edge. it broke, so i am trying to put my sim into my iphone 6, and its carrier is apparantly public mobile 36.0.1 yet the iphone is saying its not supported sim and i need to contact my carrier. what is going on? can public mobile unlock the phone and help? 

Model: Iphone 6

Software version: 12.4.5

HELP!

It says carrier is public mobile and my sim is too, so why would i need to unlock it? thanks

38 REPLIES 38

@geopublic edit the ime# out of your reply 🙂

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@kyledouglas wrote:

i have a account with public mobile, on my samsung s7 edge. it broke, so i am trying to put my sim into my iphone 6, and its carrier is apparantly public mobile 36.0.1 yet the iphone is saying its not supported sim and i need to contact my carrier. what is going on? can public mobile unlock the phone and help? 

IMEI: **********

HELP!

It says carrier is public mobile and my sim is too, so why would i need to unlock it? thanks

If the phone is not unlocked then you will need to either get ahold of the previous carrier that had the phone or call apple to have the phone unlocked. Once the phone is unlocked make sure to change network settings to Public Mobile if they don't automatically do so. I believe the iPhone 6 is older than 2017 so it would make sense that it is locked. 

You probably should edit your post and delete the IMEI number showing...click the 3 dots on right side of the post to edit.

Contact the provider you got the iPhone from for the unlock code

@kyledouglas wrote:

wow fast response thanks! but it says its with public mobile. why would it now work if its a public mobile sim?

@kyledouglas  It says that because you have a PM sim card in the phone.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kyledouglas 

This iphone 6 is it unlocked. or locked to Telus do you know ???

kyledouglas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

wow fast response thanks! but it says its with public mobile. why would it now work if its a public mobile sim?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@kyledouglas try this sync to iTunes
1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.

If this fails reset your network settings and restart your phone.  

1. Open the Settings menu.
  2. Open the General menu.
  3. Select the Reset option.
  4. Select the Reset Network Settings option.
  5. Enter the passcode for your iPhone (if you have one set.)
  6. Touch the Reset Network Settings button again to confirm that you wish to do this.

Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kyledouglas wrote:

IMEI: 

HELP!

@kyledouglas  It means that your phone is locked to another provider.

Need Help? Let's chat.