cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier MMS limit....changed?

Clefort88
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Heya! 

So, I recently noticed that my MMS limit went from the usual 900kb-1mb, down to 300kb...

Why? I'm using a Samsung s10e and I just can't fathom why this drop happened recently. 

Any insights or anything? 

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Clefort88  File size limit, maximum number of attachments, picture quality, and video length can vary from one device to another.

Usual limits for MMS are between 600 KB and 3.5 MB per photo and 600 KB or 15 seconds per video.

Maybe try Google messages also to see if it makes a difference.

Best to check with your device's manual to see what and if you can change the size limit.

Clefort88
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I reset the MMS options as first suggestion mentioned, and deleted the app cache. Still can't send more than 300kb at a time. It's really frustrating. 

I actually switched to Textra a while back because of it, but checking today, it's still not allowing for anything more than 300kb. 

Very confusing. I'll have to message mods I guess, and see what's up. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Clefort88

try clearing your messaging app cache. restart your phone. if you have too many MMS messages in your app that could be a cause

contact customer support mods here it could also be an issue on their end

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Clefort88 There has been no announced change that we know of.
Check to make sure you are comparing the exact same situation.

Just some points to ponder. In both cases

• are you using the same messaging app to send / receive?
  • are the attachments of the same file type? and from the same source?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Clefort88 no one else has brought this up. Try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. 

Set up MMS - Samsung Galaxy S10
  1. Swipe up.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Connections.
  4. Select Mobile networks.
  5. Select Access Point Names.
  6. Select the Menu button.
  7. Select Reset to default.
  8. Select Reset. Your phone will reset to default Internet and MMS settings. MMS problems should be solved at this point.

Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.