cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Card Not Being Accepted for Sign Up

DV
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey guys, I'm just trying to sign up for Public Mobile. I have my SIN, and I've picked my plan. 

But on the very last stage, my Mastercard was declined. I know the information is correct, and I know my card works (I've used it just today). I tried once with Autopay, and then tried again without Autopay. 

I've now tried three times and each time it has not gone through.

Is this a known issue? Can any support staff help me out? 

Thanks, DV

8 REPLIES 8

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Glad to hear it wasn't a system bug and I'm happy it all worked out. Welcome to the PM family 🙂

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Glad to know it's sorted out!

DV

Hey everyone, thanks for your quick responses. 

It turns out that this was my fault, not Public Mobile. 

I recently changed my address at the bank to my Vancouver address. I didn't know at the time that this meant my CC's billing address had been changed too. But with the new address the payment went through ok! 

Thanks again for your concern, glad to have it sorted out! - DV

Rockdaddy22
Also, try the SIM, sometimes the payments actually do go through even if they appear to have failed, so try it.

Rockdaddy22
Unfortunately it's a bug that creeps up on a few people, assuming you've confirmed all your info like mentioned above, I would say it's the known issue.
Let's get a mod to take a look in the morning, hold tight.
@Mary_M could one of you help our friend out, thank you.

kngai

By chance, if you're using TAB keypress to cycle through the form as you input your CC info, double check your info.

I got the same CC error the first time. Trying again, I noticed that the province field reset back to its first value (AB) after I selected my correct province and then hit TAB to fill in the next field. Perhaps I might of misclicked at the same time to cause this.

Watoko

Agree, try to check your name, address and postal code. Those fields in the billing information section should be what it is on your credit card.

JaK

Hi @DV;

When this type of thing happened in the past it was most often that the info entered into the PM form did not exactly match the info the cc company had. (There have even been cases where there was a typo in the info held by the cc company and needed to match that typo.)

Anyway, worthwhile double checking that your info matches exactly.

Need Help? Let's chat.