cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant send a text using data

mvjay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So before i was able to send a chat text through my data but it stopped working after restarting my phone or updating the messages app or something stupid that i must have done. I'm still able to send a text through wifi so its not the app itself but the PM data. also, im still able to use my data to use my browser and anything that needs data except for messages ofc. anyone know how to solve this issue? 

edit:

i dont ever use data and its always never maxed out.

im using the google messaging app and works when im using wifi.

tried rebooting, switching to airplane mode and back, wiping the sim card.

tried resetting network settings

tried re-inputting network settings thats on the guideline. 

im also able to use mobile data but just not for chat features on google's messages app

Phone: Huawei 9x (android)

Plan: $15 plan with 250mb

thanks everyone for the reply. im gonna try to backup my stuff and reset it cuz last time that work on me solving every issue i had with my phone.

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mvjay 

can you check it out your history data has left, maybe you used all data..

try to do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.to refreshing your network...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which is what I'm trying to get to. I suspect they're out of data so of course it won't work on cell data. Maybe they prefer the chat option so I'm not saying to turn it off...yet.

@hTideGnow wrote:

@mvjay   maybe you have enabled RCS , see if it is enabled and try to disable it

On the message app, tap 3 dots on the top right and click Settings

under Chat settings, scroll to "Select default message type", 

Switch from Automatic to Text/Multimedia message

^^^ Very likely due to RCS which uses mobile data.  

@mvjay 

Maybe try a network reset of the phone before a factory reset of phone.  

Try to manually select 3G network on the phone to see whether that makes a difference. 

Update your messenger app?  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@mvjay   maybe you have enabled RCS , see if it is enabled and try to disable it

On the message app, tap 3 dots on the top right and click Settings

under Chat settings, scroll to "Select default message type", 

Switch from Automatic to Text/Multimedia message

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mvjay : Does it work when on wifi? Do you see the data line under your My Data & Add-ons?

mvjay

chat text i guess. its like the equivalent of iphones blue text instead of that light blue text

Anonymous
Not applicable

@daisyzdx : You can edit your posts by clicking on the 3 dots in the upper right. fyi. Welcome to the community.

@Triguy : thanks ..hmm...is it possible the OP edited that in afterwards? Oh well.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  Also try shutting down your phone then remove your sim then reinstall it.  Are you using default messaging on your phone or an app ?  Try using an app like Textnow.

Try a network reset.

To reset the phone, make sure that the phone is turned off.

Press and hold the volume up key along with the Power keys for 10 seconds and let go of the keys once the Huawei logo appears.

Use the Volume down button to select the Wipe data/factory reset option. Use the power key to choose it.

This will wipe the phone data and once the cache partition is cleared. Select “reboot system now” using the power key.

@Anonymous  They are using a Huawei 9x.

daisyzdx

sorry i mean turned off the imessage option.

daisyzdx

If its an iphone, you can go and check the setting for message. You may turned of the message option by accident.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mvjay : Do you mean an MMS picture text? Or do you have an iphone? Does anything work with wifi? Or do you mean a chat text? Or group text? Or a text with a subject?

Need Help? Let's chat.