cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant receive text

87davidr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi there,

I can't receive text but I can send them. I'm using the axon 7. I'm not sure what's going on.

Please help!
12 REPLIES 12

87davidr
The port was indeed not completed properly. This has been resolved thanks to the help provided here. Cheers!

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @87davidr

I'm sorry about this. From what I read in the thread it seems that you're having issues with your port. I will assist you! Could you send me a private message with this info? 

- the number that you wanted to port

- your Petrol Mobility account number

- your Public Mobile SIM card number

Thank you! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

JaK

Ah, you didn't mention it was a recent port before. Yes, sometimes ports can get stuck partially done, that could be what is causing your weird text behaviour. One of the moderators should be able to take a look for you and help complete it is it is stuck. Tagging @Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O

concordia88

Maybe the porting process was not completed successfully.  Please PM one of expert here and they should be able to take a look of your account.

87davidr
'Porting your Petro-Canada Mobility number to another service provider

What information do I need to provide the new service provider?

Account password/PIN
Phone IMEI (HSPA/GSM) devices
Your new service provider will contact us to release your existing Petro-Canada Mobility number and your account will be cancelled. Any remaining balance you have on your Petro-Canada Mobility number will be forfeited.'

Maybe it is related because my balance hasn't been forfeited?

87davidr
Thanks for the replies so far.

I have been running Android for quite some time and one of those friends I've been having issues with I know for sure uses an S5.

My number was ported from Petrol Mobility which is a reseller of Rogers. I logged into my old account and it doesn't show cancelled or anything and still has a small prepaid balance showing.

I checked their support and it says that when a petro number is ported the new carrier needs to contact them with my pin and imei. I think this was done automatically when I filled the port request form here.

My phone shows Public Mobile as the provider though and of course I'm using the new SIM card. Data works fine.

I'm wondering if this could at all be related but I doubt it.. Is it even possible for a number to be active by two providers at once?

@87davidr

The Xon 7 is a brand new phone running Android.  By chance, was your ptrvious phone an iPhone?  If yes, and your contacts you've mentioned are also iPhone users, the iMessage could be the problem, if you didn't deactivate iMessage before changing phones.

on the other hand, their have been Rogers related issues recently with other PM members.  You may need to contact a community moderator, @Mary_M@Shazia_K@Saray_O.

87davidr
Discussed with my friends the two people in question that I know I'm not receiving texts from are with Rogers.

87davidr
The number I am using was ported, and I am relatively new with PM. About two weeks now I think.

87davidr
Fairly sure yeah. I had two colleagues at work that have no other reported issues text me and they didn't arrive. I sent them a text and it was received fine. I have been texting someone else throughout the day without issues though. I don't know.

JaK

Hi @87davidr;

Yes, that does sound bizarre. Are you sure that the problem is on your end and not on their end?

87davidr
To elaborate.... Some people can text me and some can't. Regardless I can text everyone. It's very bizarre.
Need Help? Let's chat.