cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant make any outgoing calls i get a long-distance addon recording.

Sandvik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I searched and didn't find a solution for my problem. 

I can't make any calls even to my voice-mail I keep getting the recording that  I need a long-distance addon.

I've tried a 1 infront of numbers removed my sim card checked my minuites I have 100 canada wide unused minutes left.

This happened to my kids phone too earlier this year and he is on the same plan.

6 REPLIES 6

cstunden

Try temporarily disabling your phone by reporting it "lost" in your account settings. Wait about 30 minutes and turn it back on.

If that doesn't work, contact the moderator 

@Sandvik I suggest paying manually for your accounts from now on. pms payment system uses an old 2 step process and it doesn't handle renewals very well. even though your account renewed, I think somewhere during the process it actually failed. when it tried to restore your services it took the payment from your card, but it failed to provision correctly.

many users are now paying ahead of time 3-4 days before their renewal. I'm actually paying 30 days ahead of time. when I receive the text message from pm, my account has renewed. I use that as a reminder to top up my account with funds 

Sandvik

My kids issue seemed to be resolved after the next auto pay was taken of my credit card.

He had almost all of his unused minutes left at that time too. I will try the reset thing to se if that works.

Sandvik

The number was mine if I call my wife or my kid or any othe local number I get that recording.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Sandvik , how was the issue resolved in your kid's account when calling stopped working?  My only experience with this is due to provisioning issues with the account.  The moderator team reset the account and everything worked after that.  If you think you want to give that a try, click on the chat symbol on the lower right and initiate a ticket.  

@Sandvik wrote:

I searched and didn't find a solution for my problem. 

I can't make any calls even to my voice-mail I keep getting the recording that  I need a long-distance addon.

I've tried a 1 infront of numbers removed my sim card checked my minuites I have 100 canada wide unused minutes left.

This happened to my kids phone too earlier this year and he is on the same plan.

While you're supposed to actually be dialing the proper voicemail retrieval number, dialing your own phone number will work and could be a short-term solution.

if you look in your call log, whats the number that your phone is dialing?

Need Help? Let's chat.