cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant make any calls "All circuits busy" , anyone else?

geminihc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i simply cannot make any calls... is there a PM outage?

17 REPLIES 17

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Hey all, I can say from exposure to business phone systems at work today, that this is all most likely due to an unprecedented number of remote teleworkers.

Interconnects between many ILECs and CLECs were running at full capacity today, causing many calls to ring busy or "all circuits busy" including those who trunk via VoIP providers.

This is not specific to Public Mobile, but North America wide. It will be interesting how this continues to play out over the coming weeks as telcos add trunking capacity where needed...

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Had the same problem in Edmonton for a short time this afternoon. Codes 2UC2 and 2UC1 

@tracypagenhardt If you are in a bind add a voip app such as TextNow and use it over WiFi or data to make/receive/send calls and texts.  If you are are on the limited minute plans, you can also use it to call your voicemail from your own phone without using minutes. 

(dial your PM phone number from the app - dismiss the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to enable you to enter your password. - enter it - and viola you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when finished. No minutes used.)

tracypagenhardt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been having the same issue off and on for over a month. Today was brutal, couldn't make calls at all. I've never experienced this with any other carrier, is it specific to Public Mobile? There must be something that can be done as paying for phone service and not being able to make calls is extremely frustrating.

kimmycooper

Works fine in Ont. Hope it gets fixed for you asap. Stay safe friend 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Well if you look at it another way.

It's nice to see that many people are practicing social distancing 😁

slads

Same intermittent problem for me in Vancouver for last couple of days. 

I'm getting this intermittently in Vancouver as well. It reminds me of Christmas Day as a kid trying to time the long distance call to our grandparents without getting a busy signal.

I had this happen 3 times in a row, yesterday afternoon, while trying to return my sister's call, but shortly thereafter, I made another call, and it went through just fine, so I assumed it was an issue with my sister's service(on the Rogers network, via Fido), rather than mine.

If only there was a packet switched (PS) technology available that would alleviate this problem with circuit switched (CS) networks....

Hey PM, can we finally get VoLTE? 😀

Newfiescreech

Everything is good with your phone now 

Hang up and try again right away. It should work.

Did same for me in Montreal. Hung up, called right back and call went through.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Down here in Toronto too. Can call using TextNow. 

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No, Haven't noticed anything.

PeterJT

With me it's been intermittent; I'll receive that message 2 or 3 times in quick succession, followed by the call going through (refilling each time). 

I've been experiencing this yesterday and today.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

So many folks calling relatives during the Covid-19 panic !?

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@geminihc Same here! Just tried...

upd: now it's fine.

Need Help? Let's chat.