cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant change my phone number over to another carrier

EshaSadek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Fido tells me I cant change my phone # because it's no longer active. It seems active to me I can get into my account just fine. What do I do to allow fido to take my old number?

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@EshaSadek wrote:

my account is paid up and my status is active

Ask Fido to port your phone number again.

You need to provide your PM account number, the name on your account and your PM number to be ported.

Watch for text message from PM as PM may ask you whether you want to port your number out to another provider.

EshaSadek

OK Fido just tried again and it worked this time, thank you

@EshaSadek  If you have an active plan then you should be able to port out. Double check you PM account and make sure you are providing the correct name on the account.

If it still won't allow you to port out submit a ticket and ask PM if the have put a port lock on your account and ask them to remove it.

EshaSadek

my account is paid up and my status is active

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@EshaSadek wrote:

Fido tells me I cant change my phone # because it's no longer active. It seems active to me I can get into my account just fine. What do I do to allow fido to take my old number?

If you account status is expired or suspended, your need to pay your plan fee and reactivate your plan before you can port your number to Fido.

1.  Login to you account.

2.  Add enough fund to your account to pay for your plan using your autopay cc or PM topup voucher.

3.  Click the Reactivate current plan link to get your phone working again.

4.  Make sure your account status is active.

5.  Remove your autopay cc info from your account and ask Fido to port your number out again.

Need Help? Let's chat.