cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant call people sometimes

ChrisM7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I dont know if it is just me or other people but when I call people sometimes I get a message:

8ut2 the number you have reach is unavailable 

But i know for sure their numbers are working and that I also tried with another line and it worked..

9 REPLIES 9

@slash407 wrote:

maybe the line is busy? down?....maybe u had bad recption when makign the call?

when u contact the mods be more specific or they prolly wont give u much help

If the line were busy, the caller would get a busy signal.  if the caller had bad reception, the call would just hang up or sound bad, but not give a receiving caller unavailable message.

@ChrisM7 wrote:

I dont know if it is just me or other people but when I call people sometimes I get a message:

8ut2 the number you have reach is unavailable 

But i know for sure their numbers are working and that I also tried with another line and it worked..

I had this same problem when trying to call a specific number years ago when I was with Koodo.  It was originally a Telus number that I was calling but it was at Wind at the time.  Maybe about half the time, it would give that customer unavailble or cannot be placed as dialed message.  There was nothing wrong with the way I was dailing the number. 

After two weeks of back and forth with Koodo technical support, I gave up and went to a different company and never had an issue with calling that phone number again.  The interesting part was that the Wind phone number I was calling didn't give me a Wind pre-recorded erorr messages, but rather a Telus one.  So the call was never leaving the Telus/Koodo network, leading me to believe that there was an intermitent problem with the database that tells them which carrier to route the calls to.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @ChrisM7,

We've replied to your message. Please check you inbox 🙂

Thank you,

Syed

ChrisM7

Thanks everyone will contact mod and see whats going on

Very strange..

You can reach the moderator here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

and explain with details and what you tried...waiting time few hours to 2 days..Smiley Frustrated

during this time try what the customers here can suggest to you...

ChrisM7

It happens to random phone numbers but some phone numbers more than others. I dont have an issue with my connection and I am using an iphone xs max

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Make sure you are dialing the number correctly  And try the 1 as mentioned. 

If it constantly happens with same number(s) note the numbers and contact the mods

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Try dialing a 1 before the number.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Do you have problem with your connection? @ChrisM7 Is it always with the same numbers?? Which phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.