cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send SMS

peachessstall
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed my plan from $10 to $15. I can't receive and make calls as well as receive text messages but I cannot send text and my mobile data is not functioning and useless.

11 REPLIES 11

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@peachessstall  Hopefully, you contacted the Moderator_Team by now (as suggested in earlier posts) and your data is now fully functional.

peachessstall

Yes. It does have

@peachessstall, when specifically did you change to the $15 plan.  There were two versions of this plan, one being offered during early May, the second late May and continuing to date.

IF you change (future dated or immediate) in early May, you're on the old one.  You should schedule a plan change again for the current $15 plan.

The best way to verify this is by looking at your payment history and the 'plan detail' of your plan, both in 'My Account'.

@peachessstall It sounds like you will need to contact the Moderators. Just curious does the wording Public Mobile in the top left corner of your phone?

peachessstall

It doesnt help 

peachessstall

It shows as active and yes my plan is the $15. The plan says that I have unlimited text

@peachessstall 

What does your self service account show?  Active or suspended?  Which plan?  $15 plan should show 100 Cdn minutes and 250 mb data in the add on section in overview page.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@peachessstall wrote:

I changed my plan from $10 to $15. I can't receive and make calls as well as receive text messages but I cannot send text and my mobile data is not functioning and useless.

Your new plan features may not be provivsion correctly.  Try the lost/.stolen phone trick to run the provision software again.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@peachessstall wrote:

You can try rebooting your phone.  Another option to try is the lost/stolen trick, log into your account, select plans/add-ons, select phone lost, suspend, log out, wait a few mins, log back in, unsuspend phone.  Log out and reboot your phone.  This sometimes resets the account.

One other thing is to add $1 top up to your account and restart phone.  Otherwise contact the moderators for help.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@peachessstall wrote:

Cycle phone off/on.

Let us know if that helps. Good luck.

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You will have to contact the moderators to get access, you can send them a private message here: link

Moderators can take anywhere from 2 to 48 hours, depending on how many customers are ahead of you.

Need Help? Let's chat.