cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot recieve calls from FIDO users

slaha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up with Public Mobile last Friday and ported my number over from Mobilicity.
I received a text mesage from you saying my port was successful.
My Mobilicity account is closed.

I can not receive any calls from people on Fido netwrok (I suspect its all of rogers network)

When they try to call me, immediately the call disconnects and the message "Call Failed" appears on the device (for iPhone users)

Can someone please help me

Thanks

45 REPLIES 45

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
That's awesome news, thanks for the update

Selfy
All fixed it seems. Got my first Rogers call today!

Will try and get others to call and text me later but so far it's looking good.

Thanks everyone

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Wow that's amazing news, looks like you're next @Selfy

slaha

Confirmed,

The issue has been fixed 

Thank you very much.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@slaha

The issue on your account seems to be fixed, can you confirm, please? 

@Selfy, we are working along Rogers to get this fixed as soon as possible. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Selfy

Please rest assured that both yours and @slaha's request has already been escalated. 

I'm just waiting for them to get back to me, I will update this thread once it's resolved.  

We appreciate your patience. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Selfy
Can one of the moderators please do the escalation today and have both @slaha and my account given similar treatment to what NuXPeR received so we can get this issue sorted ASAP?

Selfy

Great.

Let's hope that the Senior Telus technician that helped you out can get in touch with us and do their magic for our accounts too.

NuXPeR
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@slasha

Sorry to hear about the issue you're having. I had a very similar experience when I ported my number from Fido to PM about 7 months ago. Took me about a month to realize there was a problem as I don't really make voice calls that often and don't know many people on the Rogers network, but finally a friend texted me saying he tried to call and was getting an number not in service message. I contacted PM and a ticket was opened. It was eventually escalated to a senior Telus network technician who I spoke with several times on the phone. Took a few days but he was able to get in touch with Rogers techs and they eventually worked it out. It was an issue with Rogers not fully releasing my number, but it is not your responsibility to fix the issue yourself by calling your former company. You are now a PM/Telus customer and they should be working on this for you. Good luck! I hope it works out for you.

Selfy
I have sent a message too as I have the same problem and I'm also stuck waiting for a response.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@slaha

I'm sorry about this, I completely understand the frustration. 

Can you please send me a private message with your new Public Mobile phone number? I will look into this right away. 

Thank you, 

Shazia

slaha

If you cant resolve this issue let me know and we can reach an understanding.

Is there an update on my Public Mobile ticket?

Mary told me to wait.

More than a week has passed.

As I mentioned many times before, I contacted Mobilicity several times.

Since I am not a customer they are telling me to contact P.M.

Does P.M open technical tickets for non customers? 

Why do you keep sending me back to mobilicity?

If you think the issue is with Rogers/Mobilicty you need to contact them and resolve this.

My understanding was that this will be done. However I am starting to doubt you are going to try to solve this. as we keep going around in circles.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @slaha

I'm sorry about this, 

Can you confirm what was the last interaction about with Mary? did you contact your old service provider? 

Thanks, 

Shazia

alexpopescu

@slaha did you get in touch with Rogers and Fido to find whether the problem was at their end?

slaha

I still cant receive calls from rogers network.

Absolutely no follow up from public mobile.

Disgraceful.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @slaha

Thank you for your patience.

The ticket is still in progress - the tech team was unable to find any issues relating to the Telus/Public Mobile network so far and suggested that you contact the carrier from whom you ported from. 

We will need to patiently wait until your old service provider confirms there is nothing on their end.

I will be sending you a private message shortly.

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

slaha

72 hours have paased a long time ago.

I am still not able to recieve incoming calls from rogers netwrok. (rogers,fido chatr)

Nor, am I able to recieve a timeline for this to be fixed.

Can someone please contact me to explain when or if this will be fixed?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Selfy

I'm very sorry and I do understand the inconvenience this may cause. 

Mary submitted a ticket for this and we absolutely need to wait for the given time frame. 

Hopefully any other member can also give you an advice here until tomorrow. 

Thanks a lot!

Shazia

Selfy
Yes I will be in touch with Mary tomorrow. I thought it was a good idea to post something here as I know others maybbe affected and it's good to find out if they managed to resolve the issue successfully.

Selfy
Hmm it seems things have taken a turn for the worse.

I thought that texts were working fine but I have just found out that I am not receiving them reliably either.

I am beginning to regret switching networks.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Selfy

Yes, I would suggest you waiting until tomorrow and Mary will be able to investigate further on this tomorrow for you. Make sure to send her a private message with your Public Mobile phone number.

Thanks, 

Shazia

Selfy
I was told the issue has been passed on to tech support who will work with Rogers/Fido/Mobilicity on a solution within 72 business hours.

The 72 business hours will be up tomorrow assuming the weekend didn't count.

Selfy

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Selfy

Was she able to fix things for you? what did she advise you to do? 

Selfy
Yes, Mary has been in touch.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Selfy

Were you able to connect with Mary?

Selfy
The issue still exists today.

slaha
And I didn't have issues activating my account....

alexpopescu
I have no issues receiving texts and calls from Rogers 🙂

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

That's fine @srlawren 🙂

@slaha I have responded on the other post,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Need Help? Let's chat.