cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls or texts

aifraim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I see that it's a common problem but I activated my phone a few days ago and I only realized yesterday that no one has been able to reach me by phone or text, I have both outgoing but no incoming.
I'm using a Nexus 5 and switched over from Rogers.
8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@faesenj tagging them here isn't sufficient.  Send the moderator team a private message using this link.  Include your temporary PM phone number, the number you're tyring to port in, your account number at your previous provider, and your name as it appears on your statements or account at your previous provider.  They can re-request the port for you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

faesenj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Also, I just called my current provider and they said no cancellation request has been sent, I have been with Public Mobile Since Oct 19, so this should of been done already. Thank you in advance. 

faesenj

@CS_Agent I ported my number but cannot receive calls. Please help, Thanks, 

aifraim
I basically messaged all of them with my Rogers account number and the next day one responded that the my number should be ported and later it started working

Reppot

I have this exact same problem. Nexus 5, Rogers. PM'd a mod yesterday and have no reply yet...

aifraim
I messaged 2 of them 2 days ago and I still did not receive a reply!

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @aifraim;

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like a partial port, you will need moderator help to finish it. Please send one of the moderators the info as per this thread: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Please be patient, as they are currently backlogged. 

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Did you actually get a text or message saying that the port completed?  If not, does your Rogers SIM card still work?  If it still works, that means the port hasn't gone through yet.  I would probably use the Rogers SIM if it still works and then contact the mods to see why the port didn't go through(see the link below).  Once the port goes through, the Rogers SIM will stop working and you can then start using the public mobile SIM.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Need Help? Let's chat.