cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls after activating sim for PM

UmerShak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I have recently activated my SIM card with PM. I ported my number or at least I tried to, I cannot recieve calls from anyone but I can make calls just fine. The number the other person sees on their phone when I call is my actual number. I have recieved email from PM indicating that my activation was successful. I am not sure what to do. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

UmerShak

Hi,

Nope! no one has replied yet I am still waiting. I don't know what to do

taniaz

**bleep**, sorry to hear! Did you get the same IMEI message issue?

Antiloop

no reply yet for me either... having same problem..

taniaz

Hey did you heard back yet? I'm still waiting

UmerShak

Oh, I did not know that it was an error message. However, I have messaged a mod, and gave them the info requires. Let's sew how long it takes. Thanks for your comment.

@UmerShak wrote:

2. Telling me my rewards

3. A text telling me that complete my request to move to PM please go to Contact us and click SIM & Activation. 

That last text message is an error message informing that the porting could not be completed. Make sure to provide Public Mobile with your Virgin account number for best possible chance of successful phone number transfer.

taniaz

I got the exact same sequence of messages, I'm coming from Bell. Let me know if you hear back from the mods. 

Tania

UmerShak

I ported my number last night around 12am. So its been around 18 hours now. I got couple of text messages: 

1. Telling me my PIN

2. Telling me my rewards

3. A text telling me that complete my request to move to PM please go to Contact us and click SIM & Activation. 

I did go to Contact Us but there is nothing there that I haven't already done. 

I am switching from Virgin Mobile.

fermata_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just wait until everything is processed, which took about an hour for mine (I also couldn't receive calls before then).  You'll receive a text from Public Mobile telling you that your transfer is complete, then everything should work fine.

beerdude111
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No, the porting process takes a few (business) hours. It's pretty late so if it doesn't go through tonight, I wouldn't worry about it, it'll probably go through tomorrow. After it's done porting, you'll get a text saying it's done and until porting's over you won't be able to recieve calls.

UmerShak

I did not check that yet! I shall do that. And if for some reason it is still working, should I call my old provider?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

when did you do the port it typically can take up to 2.5 hours (if all goes well)

did you get an sms saying port complete?

what carrier did you come from?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Does your old sim work? If not, looks like porting was successful but not yet fully processed. 

Need Help? Let's chat.