cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive any calls! But my old SIM card (previous provider) still can be use!

GaryLai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi, I activated my PM sim and transfer my old number 2 days ago! Now I can make call, text and online. But I can't receive any call and text! But my old SIM card can do that! What happen with it?? Anyone help!?? I sent the private message to Mary_M about my information on last night. But she seems not read yet?? Anyone can help!????
7 REPLIES 7

GaryLai
Fully agree with you. It's worst case for who really need a phone call for work. No I need to carry 2 cell phones with me. One for answer the call and one for call out😤😤

zhaddad

Hi there,

first post. Just ported my number yesterday night and im in the exact same position as you. 

working: outgoing texts, data, outgoing calls
not working: incoming texts (even though their PIN text was received) and incoming calls going straight to Rogers voicemail.

I think its a waiting game at this point. I fee like the port will correct itself or the MODS will do it if not. I guess there are worst cases to be in with people not having a phone at all.

More thoughts:

- pro-rated refunds are only for post paid monthly plan not prepaid

- make a plan assumong several more days before resolution

- check this post for the info to send: Contact moderators

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

A couple of questions:

- have you removed your old SIM from all phones (sometimes people will pop it into another phone, but then it could still be hanging on to the old network possibly?)

- hav you rebooted the phone since?

I don't know holw long it will take to complete.  it is something the Mods will have to process I believe.  With your old provider they will be sent the information to close your account once your port is complete.  Your old provider can only charge you until that cancellation so IF you get billed by your old provider it will be pro-rated until your cancellation date.  You shouldn't have to pay for a full month.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

GaryLai
Thanks@ShawnC13. May I know how long will that be fully complete for the porting?? Also, is my previous provider will keeps charging me? I chose the date activate the PM sim that is the end date of my previous provider billing date. I don't want to pay another month to my old cell phone company!!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

It seems like you are in between providers during the porting process.  If you have pm'd a MOD you have done the right thing.  THe best thing I can say is to keep your old sim in and keep using it until the porting is complete.  My old sim was active the following day during my port.  They have a back log of issues and are getting through them as fast as they can and hopefully your issue will be resolved soon.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.