cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make or receive calls, getting "talk not included in your plan" message even though it is.

walleyec2004
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all, I activated my daughters old Iphone SE for my sister in law with a $15 plan back on Sept. 6, 2019 and was able to make and recieve calls on that date. On the 7th when I tried to give it to her I noticed that the call feature wasn't working. I'm able to send and recieve texts but not calls. While troubleshooting the issue I could sporatically recieve calls but not make any.

The phone number on the Iphone was previously ported to my daughters new phone long ago so while stting up the new sim card I selected a new number. The registration of the new sim card went without any hitches and when I tested the phone afterwards all seemed well. I should mention the phone passed the "check compatibility" test in the registration process as well.

I've since tried removing the sim card, rebooting the phone and reinstalling the card and using the "lost phone" trick mentioned in other posts to no avail. Any tips that I might not have tried yet? Thanks.

30 REPLIES 30
Need Help? Let's chat.