cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make calls after plan reactivation

ikivilev
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan expired a day ago and Iwas out of calls and mobile internet for a while. After I paid and activated plan I can use only data but no calls. When I dial any number I hear “sorry, we cannot process your call, please call *611 for assistance”. I try and call *611 but the voice says “we are unable to process your request”. Any ideas how to get my phone back to making calls?

13 REPLIES 13

@ikivilev hello thats great !!

@ikivilev hi glad it worked out for you Smiley Happy

ikivilev

Moderator helped in this case. Didn't try $1 though, since don't have credit card yet, and minimal amount in point of sales is $10 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ikivilev wrote:

So how’s the additional amount working? I just add $1 to my balance and go with suspend/reactivate again? 

How’s that different from my yesterday’s payment then?

Your payment yesterday seemed to have needed to wait for the lost/stolen to kick it. So the extra payment is yet another kick to try to get it going but it's just a small nominal sum so as not to break the bank.

Doing the lost/stolen again one way or the other is just an extra attempt...not related to the $1.

Edit: and as always restart when done either

ikivilev

So how’s the additional amount working? I just add $1 to my balance and go with suspend/reactivate again? 

How’s that different from my yesterday’s payment then?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ikivilev wrote:

Thanks for the tip, I dropped a message there

The lost/stolen and additional nominal amount are known workarounds that very often get things going without having to wait for the moderators.

ikivilev

Thanks for the tip, I dropped a message there

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ikivilev wrote:

Well I just checked Lost phone section again and saw a buttonResume service. Looks like I didn’t confirm it yesterday. Now as I pressed Resume and confirmed it, I restarted the phone and still cannot make calls, the voice says “you don’t have long distance call add-on”. I am sure the call is local, since I called it multiple times before my plan expired.

So start the lost/stolen procedure from the beginning again.

If still no luck then try the extra $1 or small voucher.

ikivilev

Well I just checked Lost phone section again and saw a buttonResume service. Looks like I didn’t confirm it yesterday. Now as I pressed Resume and confirmed it, I restarted the phone and still cannot make calls, the voice says “you don’t have long distance call add-on”. I am sure the call is local, since I called it multiple times before my plan expired.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ikivilev wrote:

Tried it twice 🙂

So yesterday you had some success with the lost/stolen feature.

Now maybe try the other "trick" of manually adding another $1 to the account and restart the phone and see what happens. If you're not using a payment card then use a small value voucher.

Or even give that lost/stolen another go.

ikivilev

Tried it twice 🙂

GR
Mayor / Maire

Start by restarting your phone 

Need Help? Let's chat.