cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access voicemail

TeelaBrown
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there. I'm having trouble accessing my voicemail this morning.  When I call to check my messages,  it says "D1/2 All circuits are busy". 

If I attempt to leave a message,  I get the same message. 

Can someone help me look into this?

Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17

wmccrack

Help!! I've tried everything here. I must have an unusual problem as there appears to be no answers from SIMon or the community. So I need some knowledgeable person.

I recently started with the $25 Public Mobile plan. The transfer from my previous provider (Speakout 711) did not work properly. No access point name was automatically set up so I had no data access. I was able to set AP names up manually as my wife started her account at tha same time so I was able to set my phone up by copying her AP settings. Since then everything has seemed to work perfectly, until now, when I tried to set up my voicemail. I get a message "call cannot be completed - 8ut1". I suspect that something is left over from my previous plan or just wasn't setup properly.

Apparently I should be able to change the number dialed when I press and hold the 1 key by dialing *5005*86* followed by my telephone number. When I do that I get a message that "Talk is not included in my plan"!!!

As I said I have the $25 plan with Unlimited Talk and 1GB of data etc. . .

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thecaveman wrote:

I tryed this numbers

1. 416 (647-580-4001 647-580-4002)
  2. 418 (581-580-4001)

and it says 

sorry! Talk is not included in your current plan.... bla bla

I don't understand that.

While you wait to sort out your identity and wait for another reply...

Your phone dialer should have a way to see and set the voicemail numbers. Remember to put in the 1 then the area code then the remaining 7 digits of the voicemail access number. The numbers you show here are rather confused.

To test any of the voicemail numbers, you can just try them as a normal call and see if it gets to your voicemail. 1 then area code then number. In your dialer. Once you finally land on your voicemail then you can put that into your voicemail setting in your dialer. It's the same as call-forwarding to whatever number. It's the same as calling a number.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @thecaveman,

We've replied to your message. Please check you inbox.

Thank you,

Syed

@thecaveman wrote:

the answer I get when I try the voice mail is

Please stay on the line while the call is completed, long distance charges may aply.

8UT3.

Your call can not be completed as dialed.

Please check the number and try again....

Usually, those messages are separate.  I would have though that if the number was invalid (the check your number and try again), you wouldn't have heard the long distance charges may apply message.

The first part of the messages relates to a call being long distance and gets heard if you haven't dialed 1 or +1 before the area code.

An example of what would trigger the second part of that message would be if you dialed some nonsense/non existent number that isn't even assigned to any carrier.

@thecaveman wrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/Discussions/message-id/8436..., How do I know what is my area code? St Catharine ON

"I think the number is your area code + 580-4001 (or 4002).  If your area is served by multiple area codes, it might be one of the other area codes.  Try dialing the numbers and see if you are prompted to enter a phone number and password.

It's not just the area code (or one of the area codes that serve your area) plus 580-4001.  I just looked at the CNAC area code and number prefix listings, and 580 prefixes do not excusively belong to Telus Moibility in all area codes or even entire regions.  Accounts will have certain voicemail numbers assigned to them, but you can't just randomly guess a number to dial into.  I realize that many of the voicemail retrieval and deposit numbers do look almost identical.

thecaveman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tryed this numbers

1. 416 (647-580-4001 647-580-4002)
  2. 418 (581-580-4001)

and it says 

sorry! Talk is not included in your current plan.... bla bla

I don't understand that.

thecaveman

@srlawren I've being with PM since november 2018, I certainly can make calls to other numbers, but I have the voice mail issue from the beggining.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@thecaveman wrote:

Hi, How do I know what is my area code? St Catharine ON

You can find the full list here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/access-voice-mail-out-of-home... Since you're in ON, just pick any of the numbers in an Ontario area code (e.g. 416 and probably several others).

@thecaveman wrote:

Please stay on the line while the call is completed, long distance charges may aply.

8UT3.

@thecaveman are you able to make calls to other nubmers other than your voicemail?  Are you a new subscriber or have had your service for a while?  If you've been here a while, have you been able to dial your voicemail number in the past?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

thecaveman

8UT3.

_parth23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think you should try to contact a PM moderater and tell them about the issue, i think your voicemail should start working by tommorw, it happened to me and then the next day it started working. I hope this helps you.

thecaveman

Hi, How do I know what is my area code? St Catharine ON

"I think the number is your area code + 580-4001 (or 4002).  If your area is served by multiple area codes, it might be one of the other area codes.  Try dialing the numbers and see if you are prompted to enter a phone number and password.

deputyphil

Both my wife and my phone cannot access voice mail.  She tried at about 430am and I tried my phone about 945am.  This needs to be addressed asap.

TeelaBrown

Maybe Public is getting a lot of calls? And that's why it's down?

It seemed to be working fine an hour or so ago.  But just stopped after someone left a voicemail around 8am 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

The last time I got that message, it was during an outage with my ISP.  A lot of people were calling them, and their lines were busy.  Hence, the 'all circuits busy' message.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

your voicemail number might be set up incorrectly.  try the follwoing:

"I think the number is your area code + 580-4001 (or 4002).  If your area is served by multiple area codes, it might be one of the other area codes.  Try dialing the numbers and see if you are prompted to enter a phone number and password. (copied from a post of @Anonymous)

if that wourks then you need to setup your voicemail and forwarding numbers corretly.

TeelaBrown

I've tried both.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

How are you trying to access voice mail?  Are you calling your own number, speed dial 1? 

Need Help? Let's chat.