cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access data since this morning

jumphightosee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a plan with 5G data, on Thursday I received a message that I have used 75% of the data included in my plan. Then since this morning, I have no access to data. I logged into my account to check if I have used all the data, I clicked View My usage link under My Data & Add-Ons, there is no detail displayed. Has anyone encountered the same issue? Thanks for helping in advance.  

7 REPLIES 7

@Anonymous wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

It seems a good number of folks do not receive the 95% data usage SMS.  I don't know why, but perhaps this issue is one that needs to be looked at. @Alan_K  ??

Or they've blocked texts coming from 611 not wanting to be bothered with notifications from their phone provider. That and 100.

I was going to mention this, however the poster did mention they got the 75% notice, so I don't believe it to be an issue in this case... But, yeah, it could have happen too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

It seems a good number of folks do not receive the 95% data usage SMS.  I don't know why, but perhaps this issue is one that needs to be looked at. @Alan_K  ??

Or they've blocked texts coming from 611 not wanting to be bothered with notifications from their phone provider. That and 100.

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jumphightosee wrote:

I have a plan with 5G data, on Thursday I received a message that I have used 75% of the data included in my plan. Then since this morning, I have no access to data. I logged into my account to check if I have used all the data, I clicked View My usage link under My Data & Add-Ons, there is no detail displayed. Has anyone encountered the same issue? Thanks for helping in advance.  

It you means you consumed all your pre-paid data.

Once all your pre-paid data is consumed; you're available data will not be shown on your overview screen anymore.

You can purchase more data on the Ad-Ons page, but I've personally found extra data to be fairly expensive.  If you alot of data all the time, it's best to upgrade the plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jumphightosee wrote:

Thanks for the info. I sent a private message to the moderator before I posted the question, but haven't heard anything back yet. As my previous experience,  if the usage of data reaches 90% or 100%, I should receive corresponding text message, however, I didn't receive any further warning message regrading the usage. I am thinking that might not be the cause. 

There are three notifications:

1. 75%

2. 95%

3. no longer working and off the overview page 🙂

jumphightosee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the info. I sent a private message to the moderator before I posted the question, but haven't heard anything back yet. As my previous experience,  if the usage of data reaches 90% or 100%, I should receive corresponding text message, however, I didn't receive any further warning message regrading the usage. I am thinking that might not be the cause. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jumphightosee wrote:

@jumphightosee  It means that you have used up all your data. Your options are changing to a plan with more data. Adding a data addon. Renew your current plan early. To renew early you can only do it via moderator.To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Need Help? Let's chat.