cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Send/Receive text messages

Cjavier
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just ported in to this service on Friday and until Sunday morning I know that text messages are working fine. Until I noticed and was only told today by my friend that he couldn't send text messages to my number. Thanks to him cos I wouldn't know it. So I tried sending him a text and to other friends with different providers to test. Unfortunately, some got my text messages and most of them didn't. So same issue with inbound/outbound texts. Can you help and let me know what are the fixes??? Thanks. This is frustrating. 

1 REPLY 1

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Cjavier wrote:

Hi, I just ported in to this service on Friday and until Sunday morning I know that text messages are working fine. Until I noticed and was only told today by my friend that he couldn't send text messages to my number. Thanks to him cos I wouldn't know it. So I tried sending him a text and to other friends with different providers to test. Unfortunately, some got my text messages and most of them didn't. So same issue with inbound/outbound texts. Can you help and let me know what are the fixes??? Thanks. This is frustrating. 

Are you using an iPhone and your friend is using an Android phone or vise versa?

iPhone iMessage has its own protocol which Android will not understand.

IPhone user should configure iMessage settings as follows:

Under iPhone Messages settings:
iMessage = enabled

SMS/MMS
MMS Messaging = enabled
Group Messaging = enabled
All other Messages settings are disabled

How do you know what message type you are sending or receiving on iPhone?
Messages with green bubbles are normal SMS/MMS text messages.
Message with blue bubbles are sent via the iMessage

Need Help? Let's chat.