cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Send Picture Messages

elle-so
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I have the fall promo plan from PM, and my calls, text messages, and data seem to be working. But when I try to send picture messages, it says "not delivered", even when I have my data on. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have an iPhone 6. Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

ajanda
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@elle-so go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network. 

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201699

On an iphone 6s all the APN settings happened automatically and nothing was required to be filled in.

Hope this helps. 

elle-so

@ajanda thanks for the reply! Do you happen to know how to access the MMS APN settings on the iPhone using ios8+? 

skidoomaster

Hi @elle-so,

Make sure your MMS messaging is on in settings. To do so go to: Settings>Messages and toggle MMS messaging. Restart your phone and try to send another MMS.

Hope this helps.

@elle-so wrote:

Hi, 

I have the fall promo plan from PM, and my calls, text messages, and data seem to be working. But when I try to send picture messages, it says "not delivered", even when I have my data on. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have an iPhone 6. Thank you!

Just a note that when troubleshooting this type of thing, it's best to send the picture message to yourself by sending it to the same phone number that it is coming from.  That way, you eliminate any possible variables resulting from sending it to the another person (that person's carrier having issues, other person's phone not configured for MMS, etc.)

ajanda
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Your data must be on to receive and send pics. Check your APN settings. 

Need Help? Let's chat.