cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Receive Incoming Calls or Texts

CinnamonKirk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A mistake was made and I had to switch back to Public Mobile. In doing so the transfer of my number didn't work out, so I got a new number. But when I got home I went and changed the number myself t my old one, the trnasfer being successful. My old number is displayed on my plan, and in my phone, but I can't receive any calls or texts at all. I can send them, but not receive. 

It has been roughly 10 minutes since the change and everything is the same. Can this please be addressed?

9 REPLIES 9

Véroniquedionl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how do we make sure that the number is released from the old provider? 

Joseph1953
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have just activated a PM Sim. My plan includes talk & text. I can call and text, yet I can'tt recieve any. When my number is dialled it says that the number is not in service.

CinnamonKirk

It did get resolved! It just took a few more minutes. Patience was wiser than paranoia in this situation.

@CinnamonKirk wrote:

What really sucks is I had that provider for maybe an hour tops, and I can't tell when they will fully release the number back to me with this provider. It's strange that I can call others and have them answer, but no one can call me. My voicemail even says that I don't have talk set up, when I in fact do. I hope it can be resolved soon.

Are you saying you ported to that provider and stay for an hour and decided to move out.  I hope your port to that provider completed before porting.  Generally ports can take a bit of time and possibly greater than one hour.  You are playing with fire moving around this fast.  

@CinnamonKirk    if it is still not done tommorow contact a moderator they will need your account number,name on account and phone number good luck click this link 

@CinnamonKirk wrote:

What really sucks is I had that provider for maybe an hour tops, and I can't tell when they will fully release the number back to me with this provider. It's strange that I can call others and have them answer, but no one can call me. My voicemail even says that I don't have talk set up, when I in fact do. I hope it can be resolved soon.

@CinnamonKirk  If you use your old sim in your phone does it work? If yes, it means that the port is not complete so just continue to use that sim until it stops working. Once it stops working then the port is complete and you can start using the PM sim.

CinnamonKirk

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CinnamonKirk wrote:

A mistake was made and I had to switch back to Public Mobile. In doing so the transfer of my number didn't work out, so I got a new number. But when I got home I went and changed the number myself t my old one, the trnasfer being successful. My old number is displayed on my plan, and in my phone, but I can't receive any calls or texts at all. I can send them, but not receive. 

It has been roughly 10 minutes since the change and everything is the same. Can this please be addressed?

@CinnamonKirk That is normal. A phone port does not complete until the number is released by your old provider. Until then you will not be able to receive calls or texts. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@CinnamonKirk hi it sounds like your port is still in progress it can take up to 48 hours but not usually its alot qiucker give it a few hours good luck

Need Help? Let's chat.