cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling an account, but potentially using the SIM card at a later date.

emurmur
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was previously using public mobile as a way of getting data for an area which had no WIFI connection, however I have now moved into another area which has WIFI coverage. I will cancel my plan for the time being, but I am wondering - if I need to restart my plan what is the procedure? Am I able to simply restart my plan online with the SIM number? I am not concerned about the losing the associated phone number.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@emurmur  If you have autopay enabled on the account then remove it. Your SIM card will be good for 90 days after the first missed payment is due, after that to rejoin PM you will need a NEW sim card and start all over again as a PM client. IF you wanted to keep the account alive you could switch to the cheapest plan.  Cheers

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would suggest not closing your account and simply use your phone on the WIFI in addition to your current plan's data. Account closure will mean you will lose your payment for the month without getting the full benefit and any rewards you may have had.

@emurmur Once an account is closed, a sim card cannot be reused.

If you port the number out to another carrrier, the account is closed immediately.

If the service is suspended from non-payment, you have 90 days to resume service by paying for the plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.