cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Service and Porting Phone Number Back to Bell Home Phone

lbertone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I go about cancelling my Public Mobile Service and porting my phone number back to Bell Home Phone?

16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lbertone wrote:

Thanks for your help!

Wow. Everybody's been all gracious and helpful. I woulda told ya to ask bl@@dy Bell.

But then who knows... maybe you'll be back.

@KyleRobicheau20 A bit trickier this time as the answer was in the body of the thread. Look here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Cancelling-Service-and-Porting-Phone-Numb...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

KyleRobicheau20

You are very welcome Ibertone 🙂

Have a wonderful day/evening!

lbertone

Thanks for your help!

KyleRobicheau20

Hello,

The best way to anwser your question is to have your account number ready from Public Mobile. Make sure your account is still active with Public Mobile, once you give them the account number, you should be able to port your recent phone number back to Bell. If you do not have your code, you can get a hold of a moderator from Public Mobile and they should be able to give it too you!

Hope this helps and best of luck.

lbertone

Thanks for your help.

lbertone

Okay thanks.  I'll try again with Bell.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lbertone wrote:

Thanks but how do I port over to Bell?  Bell says that Public Mobile has to release my number?

I think you may have spoken to somone who didn't khow what they were talkig  about.

If you want, you might want to contact a moderator at the link below and ask them if that is true but they will most likely tell you that all you have to do is give Bell the authorization to port your number.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437

lbertone

Okay thanks.  I'll try again with Bell.

@lbertone wrote:

Thanks but how do I port over to Bell?  Bell says that Public Mobile has to release my number?

@lbertone  PM will release the number once it receives the port request from Bell once you authorize/ask them to setup the port.

brennanleblanc_
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Bell should be able to make a port request to Public Mobile, like with any other phone service.

Unless porting Cell to Home Phone isn't possible.

@lbertone wrote:

NOPE. Bell does all the work once you authorize the port-in.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

lbertone

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lbertone wrote:

How do I go about cancelling my Public Mobile Service and porting my phone number back to Bell Home Phone?

@lbertone  Login into your PM account and remove your credit card. Call Bell Home Phone signup and request to port your PM number. Note; your PM account must remain active for the port to complete. That's it!!

brennanleblanc_
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you are porting your number from Public Mobile, your account should automatically close itself once the port is finished. When porting your number make sure your account is still active.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

All you have to do is sign back up with Bell and port your number back there. Your PM account will be cancelled as soon as that is done.

Need Help? Let's chat.