Cancel account

saqeeb90
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi I am no longer using this number .can you please cancel my account 

9 REPLIES 9

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@LurganIeUk 

I would think you would only need to ask for the phone number to be changed if you've had it for awhile. For some cultures the number itself might hold value or if it is a favourable area code like (416), (613), (403) or (604).

@popping wrote:

@saqeeb90 

3. Make money and not keeping your phone number
If you have a plan with high demand, you can let someone to take over your plan. Your phone number will go with the plan to the new owner.

Good point! And could be of good value to the new user. 

Keep in mind you may have a desired grandfathered Account or some unused add-ons of value along with referral and loyalty rewards. 

You would have to do a few things to relinquish your account. 

1. Reveal pin number to new user. 

2. Change name, address, alternate number to new user. 

3. Change email address through a PM moderator. 

4. New user promises to change phone number (a number you will loose pretty much for ever)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JoyLuck wrote:

@popping wrote:

If you have a plan with high demand, you can let someone to take over your plan. Your phone number will go with the plan to the new owner.

@popping #3 is interesting. I was browsing reddit the other day and saw this:

reddit1.jpg

Yes.  I know that members are looking for the grandfathered $10 50/50 plan to use data add-on at full LTE speed.  If you have loyalty and refer-a-friend rewards, it worth a few dollars.

@popping wrote:

@popping #3 is interesting. I was browsing reddit the other day and saw this:

reddit1.jpg

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@saqeeb90 

Choices to cancel service:
1. Quick and keeping your phone number
Remove autopay credit card info to stop autopay and port your number to another provider. Your account will be canceled right away.

2. Slow and not keeping your phone number.
Remove autopay credit card info to stop autopay. Your account will be suspended without payment at your next renewal date. 90 days after suspension, your account will be cancel. You have 90 days to change your mind by paying and reactivate your account.

Or port your number to another carrier. 

But as suggested, remove your credit or debit card from auto-pay. There is no point of leaving yourself open to have your information hacked...in the event if that ever happened at PM. 

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@saqeeb90 

Since this is a prepaid service just remove your payment methods from your account. I would highly recommend you keep your account since it’s prepaid as you might want to return in the future.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have autopay setup then remove your credit card.

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set..

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@saqeeb90 wrote:

hi I am no longer using this number .can you please cancel my account 

Just remove autopay and your account will be closed automatically 90 days after the renewal date.

Need Help? Let's chat.