cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada-wide talk plan won't work

vethie555
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan is Canada-wide unlimited talk including other features but whenever I try to call any number outside of my province (NS), it won't work. I receive a message saying that I don't have long-distance minutes and I have to buy minutes from Public Mobile.
This is extremely weird. How can I fix this problem?

19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@walker1 , @hTideGnow : And then they scream innocence when they catch flak from fellow posters while wondering why them.

@Anonymous     At first, l thought I was seeing things. Then I saw your post.

Must be a foreign trick. For here that is.

I thought I saw it too.. but it didn't make a difference now...a late comer got the Accepted Solution..  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@walker1 : I was quite surprised. I know I saw the outage reply and then they posted the +1 reply. And then they magically switched positions!

Not something I've seen before.

@vethie555 wrote:

It's there for a very long time but I don't make many calls outside the province and that's why I kept forgetting to report it.

If you login to My Account, did it say Unlimited Canada wide calling?  At one point, PM was only offering Provincial calling, they changed it back.  But all those with the Provincial plan would have to explicitly change plan to get the Canada-Wide calling back.   Please login to My Account and confirm.

If it was saying Canada-Wide calling, you should open a ticket with PM to get this sorted out.  

@vethie555 wrote:

It's there for a very long time but I don't make many calls outside the province and that's why I kept forgetting to report it.

@vethie555 

You may have an issue with SIM provisioning.

Try your SIM in your husband's phone. If it's not working, contact CS for help:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vethie555 wrote:

@vethie555 

you can make a report to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,and Explain your issue to they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

vethie555

Swapping replies around!   That's a good one.     lol

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@vethie555 wrote:

My plan is Canada-wide unlimited talk including other features but whenever I try to call any number outside of my province (NS), it won't work. I receive a message saying that I don't have long-distance minutes and I have to buy minutes from Public Mobile.
This is extremely weird. How can I fix this problem?

How long has this been going on? Or is it just a recent problem?

@vethie555 wrote:

yes I did add 1 before the area code but it won't work, so I used my husband's phone who's also a public mobile plan but it worked with him. 

@vethie555  Try reboot the phone and see how it goes

If still fail, put your SIM into your husband's phone and try making a out of province call.   Then switch back after and see if it resolves the issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vethie555 

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vethie555 

which plan you have !

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Sometimes you have to include +1 in front of area code.

What do you get when you dial 611? Maybe your account went into suspension.

Is this occurrence recent or you were Never able to call long distance?

Be aware that PM is currently experiencing outage in some areas.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@vethie555   Try putting a 1 in front of the calls.  

If it still have problem, try reboot the phone once more.

vethie555

yes I did add 1 before the area code but it won't work, so I used my husband's phone who's also a public mobile plan but it worked with him. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vethie555 : Do you dial with a 1 front?

The other poster here is cheating by swapping their replies around.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vethie555

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,

for Example long distance, Add (+1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,
1416xxxxxxx,
or
+1416xxxxxxx,
both is will going through your call...

Good luck and enjoy the service

Need Help? Let's chat.