cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can voicemail be deactivated?

nmora
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

Is it possible to deactivate my voicemail and activate it sometime in the future if I ever want to have this feature active?

Thanks!

Nela

10 REPLIES 10

@Pawprints1986 

Dial *67*8080000000# to stop your blocked and declined calls from being sent to your voicemail.

##67# to reset.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When you get enough identical robotic Japanese voice mails with obnoxious  music that started as soon as your greeting picked up, this is tempting... Lol. Just blocked another number today

nmora
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Many thanks for all the suggested solutions!

I wonder how you guys know all this!

Heh @kselmak all of your steps can be done by simply dialing *004*8080000000#

All missed calls will then just go to a fast busy or endless ring.

Reset to default by dialing ##004# - missed calls again go to PM voicemail server.

But enabling the extended absence greeting is probably a friendlier way to let humans know you aren't accepting messages.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you have Android and go to your call settings, then calling accounts, then pubic mobile sim card, then call forwarding you will have chance to change where your calls go of they are not answered or unreachable.

If you put any USA number there, after ringing your phone the forward will fail and disconnect.

Give it a try

Screenshot_20200806-211234~2.png

Screenshot_20200806-211251~3.png

Screenshot_20200806-211306~4.png

@nmora 

credits to srlawren
dial into your voicemail and log in with your PIN.
In the main menu, press 3 (manage greetings),
then 4 (manage extended absence greeting),
then 2 (record a new extended absence greeeting) and record a message that indicates to your caller you are not accepting messages.
Then press 4 to turn on extended absence
Finally, press 5 to dissallow anyone to leave you a message.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@nmora , some members use the extended absence greeting option.  It is not quite the same as disabling voice mail though.  See knowledge base link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@nmora I will ask @Nezgar to help you here. Stay safe. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@nmora wrote:

Hello!

Is it possible to deactivate my voicemail and activate it sometime in the future if I ever want to have this feature active?

Thanks!

Nela

@nmora   I don't believe you can deactivate your voicemail, but you can choose not to use it, ie:  just don't access your voicemail.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Sorry no

BUT if you set out to forward to USA number it will have the same effect.

Which phone are you using?

Need Help? Let's chat.