cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't text, or use data

socialhalitosis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried all the tips from the website, APN and selecting the network but my texts and data will not work. I have the 25$ plan and got the phone thru public mobile. Calling works just fine so im not sure what to do at this point. The phone is an LG K41s

7 REPLIES 7

if Reset phone not work, you might need to open a ticket with mod.   It happened before some new number activation has issues

(After you open a ticket with mod, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Mod will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

socialhalitosis

@softech Nope, I got a whole new number.

@socialhalitosis  forgot to ask you . did you port your number into PM?  If so, that is normal until the port is completed

socialhalitosis

@softech Tried that with no luck, doing a full reset to see if that helps. Outgoing calls come up as private and when i try to call the phone it says its not set up for incoming calls which is odd. So all around just not working properly. 

socialhalitosis

So outgoing is fine, but i can't get any incoming. What do you mean by a network refresh? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@socialhalitosis  calling work fine.. how about outgoing calls?  did you port your number into Public?

For LG phones, it needs a Network Refresh to get it working.  Some might have to go as far as Phone Reset. Try Network Refresh first and see how it goes

Need Help? Let's chat.