cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send txt messages

rustynailzfrank
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

I recently switched to an Iphone 6S, everything works fine except I can't send out txt msgs...I can call out...receive calls and receive txt msgs, but, I can't send out txt msgs...I keep getting a failed sent msg..can anybody help me solve this issue??

44 REPLIES 44

@DanielleMarie @rustynailzfrank Glad the moderators were able to sort out the problem. Just an fyi for futire reference: iPhone APN cannot be manually modified.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

rustynailzfrank

Finally, PM fixed my issue...it had nothing to do on my end, they had to fix on their end. I hope I will be able to receive a some credit for the few days I wasn't able to send txt msgs.

@rustynailzfrank wrote:

Why does it take PM very long to respond...I sent a msg since Friday.....Are they all away for the long weekend?

Moderators do work on weekeneds and even on holidays.  If you haven't heard from them, they haven't gotten around to you yet, but hopefully, they will soon.

rustynailzfrank

Why does it take PM very long to respond...I sent a msg since Friday.....Are they all away for the long weekend?

rustynailzfrank

Thanks, not interested in apps at this time....I think I'm quite sure it's a public mobile issue...I tried many things to try let it work with no luck and as I said in a previous msg, it worked fine in my previous phone...now that I switched phones, something happened cos if I put the sim in my previous phone, it no longer works on it as well...so shall see what PM has to say.

@daredogg wrote:

Hey @rustynailzfrank why don't you try an app like WhatsApp for sending texts in the meantime? It works over wifi, and although it will use some data if you're on cellular data, at least you can stay in touch. There are a few programs apps like this that all the kids are using! Robot LOL

Good idea... Whatsapp and a few flavours of Textra are most popular, I personally prefer Signal SMS. If any one of them works then you'll know the real issue is caused by something in software/settings, if none of them work then you'll know the real issue is caused by something else. 

rustynailzfrank

No thanks...I am looking for it to be properly fixed and work for what I pay for. I was only asking if someone knew if he/she had a similar issue and what was done to fix it. I will be awaiting PM response to fix the issue.

Hey @rustynailzfrank why don't you try an app like WhatsApp for sending texts in the meantime? It works over wifi, and although it will use some data if you're on cellular data, at least you can stay in touch. There are a few programs apps like this that all the kids are using! Robot LOL

Edit: oops! I just showed my age by using the word programs! Robot Very Happy

rustynailzfrank

I have tried everything...my plan worked fine on the previous phone I had...I only switched phones....something either happened during switching phones or a public mobile issue...cos now if I put the Sim in the previous phone...it still can't send a txt msg in which it did previously before the switch to another phone.

Shaniagage
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have you tried taking sim card out? If not go to where you got the sim card from and ask them to help figure out the issue cause its most likely the plan isnt fully developed 

rustynailzfrank

I have also updated IOS on my phone and still having the same issue...looks like a Public Mobile issue and not the phone

Could be some sort of network-side technicaliissue, a back-end maintenance/upgrade or something.

If so, the only thing you can really do is to report it and hope Public Mobile fixes their account allocations or Telus fixes their hardware. 

@rustynailzfrank wrote:

Ive emailed the mods in a private msg..hopefully they can fix the issue for me...just seems odd I can receive msgs but can't send out

@rustynailzfrank  As i mentioned before the problem is a result of your account not being provisioned properly. Only the moderator team can fix it. You just need to be patient and let the moderator fix it for you.

rustynailzfrank

I haven't been able to send msgs from yesterday

DustNboneZ

I just had some friends called. Apparently they didn't get my texts this morning. I have a pixel 3. 

rustynailzfrank

Ive emailed the mods in a private msg..hopefully they can fix the issue for me...just seems odd I can receive msgs but can't send out

@rustynailzfrank 

Then it is an account issue.  You will need to wait for moderator help.  Expect 1-2 day response time.  

A few more  things to try if account issue.  The lost/stolen phone trick or manually loading $1 into your account. These tricks seem to reset your SIM card/plan.  

If that does not work, sorry, I am out of ideas. 

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

rustynailzfrank

I tried that as well and it still happens the same thing..can't send txt messages

@rustynailzfrank 

Does your SIM card work in another different phone?  Ie. sending texts?

rustynailzfrank

Yep, tried everything except IOS update

@rustynailzfrank 

Updating IOS might be a good idea.

Try your SIM card in a different phone might also help determine whether it is a hardware issue versus Public mobile service issue.  If PM service issue, will need to wait for moderator help.  

Other suggestions: (not sure whether you tried)

1. Network reset

2. Turning on data 

3. Factory reset

rustynailzfrank

Would updating my ios help let me finally to send txt msgs?? Would like to fix this issue asap.

rustynailzfrank

I'm not sure what is going on...I tried everything but just can't send a text message...and I definitely have unlimited incoming/outgoing text msgs....but outgoing is not working...becoming frustrating

@rustynailzfrank

Confirm that you have an Unlimited Text Plan. Or a Limited Text Plan with available (outgoing) Texts. 

Refer to this guide.  You probably have to Reset Network Settings.

@DanielleMarie wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@rustynailzfrank  APN settings have nothing to do with being able to send texts. 

It is for MMS which SMS is often converted to. My friend just activated a few hours ago and her texts wouldn't send out until she fixed the APN settings.

@DanielleMarie Incorrect, SMS does not require MMS to work. You can send out a SMS without MMS

MMS is only required when sending picture messages.

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@geopublic wrote:

@rustynailzfrank  APN settings have nothing to do with being able to send texts. 

It is for MMS which SMS is often converted to. My friend just activated a few hours ago and her texts wouldn't send out until she fixed the APN settings.

@rustynailzfrank wrote:

How do I get into the rest of those settings...i'm only showing up to reset settings...the rest is blank??

rustynailzfrank

Nope I am not able to, other then change to APN to sp.mb.com...there is not any other settings  like the one you showed in your previous msg

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rustynailzfrank wrote:

How do I get into the rest of those settings...i'm only showing up to reset settings...the rest is blank??

Can you add a new APN?

rustynailzfrank

Need Help? Let's chat.