cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send a text or surf while in a conversation on the phone.

Kuba
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is this a known thing where you can't surf for a simple phone number while on the phone talking to someone? 

Or even sending a text message won't work.

Not sure if there is anything specific in the settings that should be entered or checked off, but otherwise, everything else is fine.

Thanks in advance for any help.

4 REPLIES 4

@Kuba wrote:

Is this a known thing where you can't surf for a simple phone number while on the phone talking to someone? 

Or even sending a text message won't work.

Not sure if there is anything specific in the settings that should be entered or checked off, but otherwise, everything else is fine.

Thanks in advance for any help.

For sure, it isn't anything on the network end, at least not in the case of Public Mobile.

On a 2g network, using the internet whle in a phone call isn't possible.  This includes Rogers' 2g GSM network and Bell/Telus's CDMA 1x network.  But 3g networks such as Bell/Telus CDMA EVDO (when it was still running), the HSPA networks of Bell/Telus, Rogers, Wind, Videtron. etc, do allow internet to be used at the same time.

If you can't do both on Public, it's going to something specific with your phone.

There is one restriction when using the internet during a voice call whle using Public Mobile.  You won't have access to any LTE.

Kuba
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just popped the SIM into slot 1, using slot 2 for Koodo at the moment.

Phone is the OnePlus 3.

I just can't surf, screen doesn't go black, calls go through, but it's as though I get disconnected from the web or any data, period.

I've been going through the settings for the past week, gave up a day ago though.

Figured it'll come to me, but apparently not. lol

APN radio button is checked for Public Mobile.

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That sounds odd... more specific to phone settings rather than something controlled by the network.

What phone do you have? And what kind of errors are you getting (or can you not surf at all... like the screen is black)?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
You definitely should be able to fully surf the web while on the phone.
Need Help? Let's chat.