cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receive verification codes or calls from people

AlexAdeogun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I’ve been trying to register with apps and when they send verification codes I never get them at all. Even if I resend. I did transfer my old number to this new account. Not only this, but whenever anyone tries to call me, it says I’m “busy” and my phone doesn’t even ring at all. I’m really frustrated at this because I have missed multiple important calls. PLEASE HELP 

17 REPLIES 17

AlexAdeogun

I called them 

@AlexAdeogun wrote:

Oh gosh... I mean I called chatr and they canceled my plan and everything so I’m not sure why all of this is happening? It was a non contract thing like PM. I’m just pretty frustrated at all this 

First of all, as others mentioned, you need to confirm with the Public Mobile moderators if your port failed. If so, the only way to keep your number is to re-activate your service with Chatr because it has to be active for the port-out to succeed. Hopefully they can still retain your previous number.

Normal port process automatically cancels the service at the losing carrier, should have been no action required on your part for Chatr - did you call them to tell them to cancel, or just let the pre-paid term expire?

@AlexAdeogun wrote:

Oh gosh... I mean I called chatr and they canceled my plan and everything so I’m not sure why all of this is happening? It was a non contract thing like PM. I’m just pretty frustrated at all this 

@AlexAdeogun 

Have you contacted moderator yet? Moderators are PM employees who can check your account.  Hard to determine what is going on since not all the details around your situation is known.  

Click on the chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: port troubleshooting. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

AlexAdeogun

@siw87 

Look up the shortcode for Amazon and text HELP to it. If you get a text back then test getting a shortcode from them again.

@siw87  is Amazon the only one you are not receiving?  are you receiving other's shortcode/verification  codes at all?

honest, this can also be issue on Amazon side.  You can try open ticket on both  PM and Amazon and see who can figure out the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Triguy : That link seems to be dead. But I kinda think its about dialing out short codes. This thread is about codes coming in.

Outgoing short codes

siw87
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same issue and have been with PM for years, same number for at least 6 months at this point I believe.

I can't get OTPs from Amazon.ca or .com, haven't tried checking with any other places that I get OTPs from just yet, will do that soon though.

Any help? It could just be Amazon, in which case is it suddenly blocked or something perhaps? I don't get it.

@AlexAdeogun 

There is some misinformation in this thread that should be cleared up....

Porting from mobile providers should complete in 2 hours period. Any longer indicates a stuck or incomplete port. Porting from landlines, voip providers or number parking services can take longer.

If a YES reply is not sent within 90 minutes of recieving the porting authorization text then the port is never initiated therefore it cannot be stuck or incomplete.

You have indicated that you did reply YES so it is likely your port did not complete however because you have waited so long to report an issue what concerns me is that your former account was possibly a prepaid account? That is now suspended due to lack of payment? This would explain why you are unable to recieve verification codes and callers recieve a busy signal rather going to voicemail if the service was still active.

You need to contact the moderators to have a temporary number placed on your account so you have full service with pm. Then contact your previous provider and find out if your account and phone number are recoverable. Suspended accounts with telus and koodo can have their phone numbers ported to pm without payment to make them active. All other providers will require payment and reactivation of the account for the number to be ported.

The moderators will work with you to get your phone number ported in if its possible. Good luck!

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AlexAdeogun 

Hmmm... if you plug your old SIM card back into your phone - does it still work?  If so, then Porting hasn't been completed properly.  If not, call the Porting team.  🙂

@AlexAdeogun  it has been long if you are with PM for a month already.

So, within this month, no incoming all at all?

Did you check your previous provider?  If porting is completed, your account should have closed.  See if you can logon your previous provider's account and see if account still active.  Or call them and make sure account is closed.

If account with previous is closed, your porting should have completed.  In which case, you have to open a ticket with Mod

AlexAdeogun

I’m pretty sure that I confirmed on my last SIM card so it shouldn’t be stuck but it is.. and I’m trying to apply to jobs so if I can’t receive calls then I can’t get interviews. It’s very difficult. 

AlexAdeogun

I joined PM about almost a month ago I believe. Also what!?? Verification numbers are really important tho. They help a lot. If I can’t get them I can’t access or protect a lot of my other accounts..

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AlexAdeogun 

I agree that it sounds like a porting issue.  Have you successfully completed confirmation from your old carrier, and given it some time?  Like @softech said, porting can take a while, usually within that 2-4h timeframe, however it can take longer!

If this is still ongoing after several hours, you can call the Porting Team during business hours and they'll help you out.  Since they don't want us publishing the number here, we can send it to you privately.

Let us know how things go!  🙂

@AlexAdeogun 

Sounds like a potential port issue.  More specific details are needed. If your port is stuck, you will not be able to receive calls or text, but you should be able to call and text out.  If you still have your previous carrier SIM card, you can try to put in your phone.  

Did you confirm the port text from your previous carrier?  If you did not confirm, your port is likely stuck. Here is more information about porting issue.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If it is a porting issue, just let us know and we can private message the Telus porting team phone number to you.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AlexAdeogun  just want to confirm, how long have you been with PM and did you just porting you number into PM? 

If you just port your number, it's normal you don't receive incoming calls or text for couple hours, porting takes 2-4 hours 

Verification code might work even later, especially with Financial institutions, they set this on purpose for security purpose.

Need Help? Let's chat.