cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive texts.

TY1000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can send a text to someone outside public mobile but don't receive them.

Any ideas anyone?

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TY1000 wrote:

Thanks It is all working again.

@TY1000 for future reference:  if you're back in Canada before the 10 days is up and you aren't planning to cross back over before the 10 days is up, do yourself a favour and send the moderators a ticket to manually remove the US Roaming Texting add-on from your account.  If they get to the ticket in time (before it expires and sits expired on your account causing the problem), then you will not experience the issue at all.  I have done this in the past (while I was still a PM customer) with success.  Forgot to do it on the most recent trip with my better half (a PM customer), unfortunately.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

TY1000

Thanks It is all working again.

srlawren

@TY1000 are things back to normal now?  If not, please reboot the phone and test it again.  By now it should certainly be self-resolved.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@geopublic wrote:

@TY1000  If it's urgent best submit a ticket to PM and ask them to remove the add-on from your account. To submit a ticket to Public Mobile click here. Login to your community account and select your issue the ticket will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

@geopublic @TY1000 did this the other day for my partner's phone, after hers expired.  Moderators took about 18 hours to turnaround (but of course your mileage may vary), which was slightly but not much faster than just waiting for it to resolve itself.

FYI what happens is the add-on expires, but is not immediately removed from your account.  Once that happens, any incoming SMS messages are unable to be delivered, and are lost forever--you will never eventually receive them, not any indication that you missed any, and the person(s) that sent them will never know you never got them.  But within about 12-24 hours, the system eventually removes the expired add-on, and your incoming (from that point on) start flowing again.  This has been a bug since US Roaming add-ons were introduced around Nov 2016 (might have been 2017 but pretty sure it was 2016).  Sadly, still an issue 2-3 years later.

@TY1000 wrote:

No, not that

@TY1000  If it's urgent best submit a ticket to PM and ask them to remove the add-on from your account. To submit a ticket to Public Mobile click here. Login to your community account and select your issue the ticket will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team

TY1000

ok thanks

TY1000

No, not that

Usually within 24hours, everything should be back to normal.

TY1000

I did not port a number. I did have a 10 day US addon that expires today.

How long after the expiration should I have texts?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@TY1000 wrote:

I can send a text to someone outside public mobile but don't receive them.

Any ideas anyone?

@TY1000  If you just ported your number from another provider then you will not able to receive calls and/or receive texts until the port is 100% complete.

If you purchased a US roaming add-on and just got back from the US that will also be another reason.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@TY1000 did you accidentally put do not disturb on?

Need Help? Let's chat.