cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can`t receive text messages from a Mexican line

opium911
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am in Montreal with a Public Mobile line that allows me to text worldwide.

The other person has a mexican line from Mexico.

I can call the person without any problems.

The person can also call me without any problems.

I can text the person and the person will receive my text messages.

But when the person texts me from the mexican line, I never receive the Text messages.

How to solve this issue?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@opium911  The issue more than likely is with your friend's device. Can they test their sim in another device?

If not ask them to delete your texts on their device ask them to go into settings apps choose the messages app that they are using and clear the cache. Restart their device and ask them to test again.

@opium911 standard response time from moderator is 24/48 hours. Usually quicker tho.

Keep an eye out on your inbox. The envelope top rightish.

opium911

Yes I sent a message to the moderator team but no answer up to now.

Yes my device is an android.

The other person with the mexican line is also using an android.

The issue is happening only with me. That person with the mexican line can text message various recipients with a canadian line without any problems.

I am the only one not receiving text messages from that mexican line.

@opium911 test with a text from the Mexican line with YOUR data on. What happens?

@opium911 

Does your friend or yourself have iPhones?  Sometimes it is compatibility issues with iMessage.  If iPhones, maybe try to turn off iMessage and just use SMS texts.  

Can your friend send texts to other Canadian numbers?  Might be a problem on their end.  

@opium911 

Contact the moderators to investigate. Looking at some older threads (regarding international text) people contacted moderators and they had the technical department look into it.

You can reach them two ways.

Simon.JPG

Or via private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

opium911

Yes.

The person has international texts part of their plan and they have no problems texting other people in Montreal.

I am the only one with whom texting doesn't work.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It could be an issue on the other person's service provider.  Do they have international texts as part of their plan ?

Need Help? Let's chat.