cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls

Etiot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So, I just got my plan activated in store about 7-8 hours ago. I tried turning off the phone and removing the sim card and putting it back and it wouldn't work. I can do everything except receive calls. When I tried to submit a ticket, there was a part for me to log in but it kept saying there was an error. It's allegedly a porting delay or Bell wants to keep me hostage for a few more hours to change my mind. If someone could help, that would be great.

9 REPLIES 9

Etiot

After contacting the moderator, it turns out there was an issue with the Bell porting center, so PM helped me send out another porting request. Was done within minutes 🙂 Thanks, Oana 😄

Etiot

I called Bell, and it turns out there's no porting out request, so the guy at the Public Mobile story probably just entered my account number wrong or something since he was in a rush...great. Hoping the moderators get to my ticket soon to fix it.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Etiot 

Porting a mobile number will take up to 2 days.  

Porting a landline number will take up to a week.

Since you can call out, PM had done its job by setting up you number so that you can call out.  You waiting for Bell to release your number to PM.

I believe the hostage thing was a joke and I think the response was Sarcasm. To be honest, I have always found Bell to be the quickest to port to PM outside of Telus and Koodo postpaid. However, Bell's reputation certainly supports any insinuation that they are crooked. In this case, I'm guessing, just an innocent frozen port. Which I admit, is not nearly as interesting.

When you send your ticket, provide the porting info you provided (Acct# or IMEI or PIN AND name on account and alternate phone number). This may speed up the process.

Etiot

If that's true, they really are the biggest crooks. But I activated my parents' phones at the same time, and there's was ported within the hour. Feeling left out XD

Anyway I submitted a ticket, let's hope I don't have to call Bell and get transferred to 60 different people.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Etiot Bell does hold back some ports. If they do that, port is delayed and some community members have said that porting gets completed while on phone with them. They try to sell you on remaining. If Bell does that, you won't know until you talk to them. If you do, ensure they understand that you are porting out.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Etiot 

You probably should message moderator.  Mobile ports should be done within few hours.  Your port might be completed by the time moderator gets hold of you.....

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

If you are having troubles, you can do the following:

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You could continue to use your Bell SIM card until port if completed.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Etiot sounds like bell wants to keep you hostage. You should either receive a text saying your port is complete or one that says they need more info and to contact public mobile.  If you get the one saying they need more info just click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and submit a ticket and the moderators will help you 

Need Help? Let's chat.