cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls or texts Samsung Galaxy S7

coxey_d
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with Public mobile for years with the same number. Recently my Samsung galaxy S7 is unable to receive calls or texts, I am however able to send text and make outgoing calls with no problems. The phone is not in flight mode, do not disturb or call forwarding mode. I have been told by those trying to call me that my phone goes straight to voicemail. Can someone help me with my issue? I have not done a factory reset on the phone just yet and would prefer not too if possible. Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@coxey_d 

Inserting SIM's do things in the background when they see that they're connected to a network.

Then inserting a different SIM or even no SIM, the phone will do things with or without the SIM when restarted.

Then re-inserting the SIM that you want...it resets things again and it works.

That's my explanation anyway 🙂

coxey_d
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

Thanks for all the replies. I tried some of the reset and ## functions outlined on some of the other replies but they did not work. I did the phone SIM swap and the issue remained with the card, (my wife's phone with my SIM card loaded and calls still went to voicemail. Strange thing though when I put the SIM back in my phone texts started to come through. A minute later and I could receive calls so the issue for now seems to be resolved. I don't really know how the SIM swap could have triggered the fix but it worked. I had reseated the SIM the previous day thinking that might be the issue but to no avail. Thankfully working now.  

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@coxey_d check to see if you have call forwarding on

dial ##21# then ##004# to disable call forwarding. then test the waters

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@coxey_d 

If the suggestions have failed perhaps contact the moderators.

Click on the green question mark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")

Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.

If you are having problems using Simon contact the moderators directly through private message here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@coxey_d Try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. Stay safe. 

To perform a Network reset, follow these steps.
  1. From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
  2. Tap Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset network settings.
  3. Tap Reset settings.
  4. If you have set up a PIN, enter it.
  5. Tap Reset settings. Once complete a confirmation window will appear.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @coxey_d ,

Have you tried your SIM into another phone to see if it does the same thing?

If so, and this is an "all of a sudden change" to your services, with no changes on your part, and with the same phone; I would contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link to check into your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.