cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't port away number

PL29
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've started a new account with Telus and I'd like to port away the number I have with Public Mobile. However, it appears I need to have money on the account to have it active. Now I'm trying to log into my PM account and my password no longer works, and the site refuses to acknowledge my email address when I try to retrieve the password. The account was only out of money as of yesterday. 

Please help me get back into my account so I can transfer my number, or at least have someone do the transfer outright. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

PL29
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for your help, this worked. My number is now with TELUS, problem solved.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@PL29 how long you have your account in suspended stage?  if it is over 90 days, your account will be closed and your old number would be gone.

while transferring without Telus family could be done ven with the account being inactive/suspended, but still the account cannot be closed.  If your account has been suspended over 90 days, you are out of luck

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PL29 

can you Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PL29 : I had understood that transferring numbers between the Telus family can be done while an account is suspended.

Maybe it already went but you need to put the PM SIM in to confirm the transfer text. 

Edited by ShawnC: removed phone number

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PL29 :You'll have too contact the moderators by click envelope button in top right or use the chatbot in bottom left.

Need Help? Let's chat.