cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make/receive calls, data no longer working

mkwc12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My service has been good up until yesterday, when all of a sudden I can't make/receive calls, data no longer working, and when I try to make a call it says "I don't have a long distance plan".  I was making a call to a local number here in B.C. 

I checked my online selfserve account and everything seems fine in terms of payments, and plans selected.  Contacted moderator team yesterday and stil no reply.  

Can anyone in the community provide some help please?

14 REPLIES 14

mkwc12

It still says public mobile as the carrier.  I have always used android phones, and then other unlocked phone I tried was android as well.  Both were working with public mobile before as well.  

I haven't removed the sim card prior to this problem happening recently.  So am a bit puzzled as well.  

tazzy_s

Since your billing looks fine as you mentioned, there's a few things on the device may want to check. Does your carrier still show as Public Mobile or does it show as unregistered/unsupported?. If that occurs, then the sim can be pooched, especially if you took out the sim and reinserted while device off and didn't do anything. Did you switch your sim card to another device recently? If so, is it unlocked and not locked to another carrier? That can be enough to cause the inability to not be able to make calls due to clashing carrier policies. Further info may be helpful. Based on what I am seeing, if you took out your simcard and tried them on unlocked devices I assume not iphones and still a similar issue occured even in them, i think your sim card may need to be replaced.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mkwc12

You had tried all possible tests for your issue.  Now, it is the time to wait for moderator to fix your problem.  You waited for a day already.  Let us hope that you will get your help tomorrow.

The following thread describes similar issue and moderator fixed the problem.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Cannot-make-or-receive-calls-since-yester...

mkwc12

Tried reseating the sim card, and also tried it in another unlocked phone and I am still getting the same problem.

mkwc12

Tried this just now.  And still no luck.  

Regards

mimmo

Sorry I'm all out of ideas.  Looks like an account issue somewhere. Hopefully mods can get to you tomorrow

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Could the problem be phone hardware issue?  If the account is in good standing and the phone is unable to connect to the network, then it has to be a hardware issue.  Try reseating the SIM card or trying it on a different phone. 

mkwc12

Can you call 611?

- I am able to call 611

What phone are  you using?

- moto g5 plus xt1687  (Have been using this phone with public mobile for at least 1 year now with no issues)

Can you swap sims with a different phone isolate account vs hardware?

- Swapped sim into another unlocked motorola phone (which I also used with public mobile previously) and still has the same issue regarding making/receiving calls and no data.

Do a manual network search see what comes up

- manual check showed the following:

- public mobile 

- telus

- rogers wireless

Switch phone to 3g see what happens

- switched to 3g and still not working

dgage

A couple of things to try, turn phone off, remove sim card, turn phone back on and then off, reinstall sim card and then reboot. If that dosn't work then try your sim card in another unlocked phone.

mimmo

Sorry some troubleshoting questions

Can you call 611?

What phone are  you using?

Can you swap sims with a different phone isolate account vs hardware?

Do a manual network search see what comes up

Switch phone to 3g see what happens

mkwc12

I did do an immediate plan change to the new promotion for $40 4.5 gig unlimited calling and text within canada.  And still no luck unfortunately.  Hard reset the phone numerous times as well.

mkwc12

Thanks, it has been 24 hrs, so I will give it another day.  In terms of data, I may have come close to using it all before the 30 day period.  But shouldn't I be able to still make and receive calls?  That's the main thing I'm concerned about, because I have ran out of data in previous months before the 30 days, but never had a problem with calling services.

Also, on my phone it has an "x" near the lte signal.  I checked my apns, and they were all fine as well.

Regards

mimmo

It things are urgent you could try an immideate plan change. Hopefully that resets your account.unless you are on a grandfathered plan which you would then lose...

when was your renewal date?

popping

@mkwc12

It will take up to 48 hours to get a reply from moderator.  Please wait because you will be moved to the end of the queue for any additional private message.

Check your data usage history to make sure that your are not used all your 30 days data quota of your plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.