cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make or receive any calls!

Jeff19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't make any outgoing calls or receive any and since there isn't any customer service you can speak to I don't know what to do? I can't log into my account either because I forgot the password and now it says I am locked out and to contact Public Mobile and so I can't even create a ticket. This is ridiculous, my account is all paid up and I am not due for a payment for about 2 weeks still, so I have no idea what is going on or how to fix this? I paid for this already and I can't use what I have paid for.

15 REPLIES 15

.. likely a Telus issue .. It looks like a network issue instead of account, so, it should be a Telus issue

jfidelak

aaaaaand... it's back. Public Mobile network is now connected for me, phone working again. Outage (that I noticed) was about an hour or so. Was it a Public problem or a Telus problem? I dunno. Hopefully others' similar problems are also fixed.

@Dinsdalej  there is no known issue according to Telus status page.  

did you try reboot your phone?  or reseat the SIM as well?

Dinsdalej

Couple hours ago for me

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jeff19   you might want to open a ticket to sort out you My Account logon.    Follow this and you will be prompt to enter your Community Account credentials (you account you are using here.. NOT the My Account)

At the Chat Bot: 

type: Fogot log in information
Click "Contact Us"
Click "Click her to submit a ticket"

you will then got to another page to open ticket.
There, you will be prompted to enter COMMUNITY Login (NOT My Account/Self-Serve) to validate your identity,

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Jeff19 

There are outages. It may not have been updated yet.

1E4C8006-C7A8-4B2D-A18E-AD00175AC169.jpeg

@Jeff19 wrote:

I am in Winnipeg.

@Jeff19 

Did this just suddenly happen?

There were changes in the Manitoba area, but for months now:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Text-From-PM-About-Changes-To-Mani...

Jeff19

I've looked online a bunch and I don't see any outages reported.

jfidelak

In Winnipeg, my phone is "Emergency Only". No network. Rebooted phone, reseated SIM. Checked Telus outage page, nothing (yet).

Jeff19

I am in Winnipeg.

Dinsdalej

Hello same here are you in Manitoba by chance. Brandon public and Koodo not working for me 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Jeff19  Try the SIM in another unlocked phone, and working SIM in yours. If that confirms an account issue open a trouble ticket. 

To obtain a ticket, click on https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and enter your question in SIMon. Follow / invent the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button, click on it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. To confirm that your ticket has been submitted, check the SEND box in your private messages; click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators, but this alternative contact method may have a longer response time. Click: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

As emergency backup check out the apps from Fongo and TextNow for free calling/texting on wifi. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Jeff19 wrote:

As I stated I can't make any calls, when I call 611 even its just dead air and then after a minute it just says call failed.

Try resetting your network settings on your phone.  As well take SIM card out and put back in and reboot.

If problems continue contact a moderator.

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Jeff19

As I stated I can't make any calls, when I call 611 even its just dead air and then after a minute it just says call failed.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Jeff19 wrote:

I can't make any outgoing calls or receive any and since there isn't any customer service you can speak to I don't know what to do? I can't log into my account either because I forgot the password and now it says I am locked out and to contact Public Mobile and so I can't even create a ticket. This is ridiculous, my account is all paid up and I am not due for a payment for about 2 weeks still, so I have no idea what is going on or how to fix this? I paid for this already and I can't use what I have paid for.

Can you call 611 from your phone to see what your account status is?

Need Help? Let's chat.