Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make calls

Shane_1011
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Trying to call my father and when i dial out I get

"Hi, Public Mobile here. Sorry, talk is not included in your current plan..."

...and directs me to selfserve section of the site. I have unlimited talk for both usa and canada and never had a problem until now. Any idea why this is happening? 

19 REPLIES 19

Shane_1011

He didn't reboot his phone yet, (he didnt have to) I finally got a call through to his cellphone. As to why this works now? Who knows. Seems to have been a random hiccup on public mobiles end. That being said, this is the first problem i've encountered with public mobile after months of being a member. Still easy going compared to other companies i've been with lol. Thank you to everyone who tried helping.

Shane_1011

@Dunkman wrote:

@Shane_1011 

Public mobile has unusual warnings sometime for different problems.  For example, when you run out of minutes in a limited talk plan, Public mobile will state that you do not have a long distance calling plan even though you are calling local minutes (for example).  Maybe the warning that you are getting is that you can't connect to your dad's cell.  

Ask your dad to reboot his phone.  Or you could try the different tricks as described before.  

I have an unlimited plan for Canada and US. I'll ask him to reboot his phone I guess.

@Shane_1011 

Public mobile has unusual warnings sometime for different problems.  For example, when you run out of minutes in a limited talk plan, Public mobile will state that you do not have a long distance calling plan even though you are calling local minutes (for example).  Maybe the warning that you are getting is that you can't connect to your dad's cell.  

Ask your dad to reboot his phone.  Or you could try the different tricks as described before.  

Shane_1011

The number I can't reach him at is his cellphone. I was just now able to reach him via his landline. Both numbers have the same area code.

That's why I posted my correction. Didn't sound like it.

That being said, the proof is in the results, I guess. Were both US phones cells or both landlines?

Shane_1011

Should not be on his end as I get the message saying my plan from public mobile doesnt include talk (it does lol)

@Shane_1011 

Maybe it is something on his end then.  Can you text him?  (if he is on cell phone versus landline)

Shane_1011

Tried calling a different number from the states it seems to have gone through. Looks like its only limited to my fathers number. Both numbers have the same area code.

Have you tried @Triguy 's recommendations?

Also add, shutting the phone down, pulling the sim for 5 minutes and restart the phone.

@Shane_1011 

As you wait for moderator help, you could try a few things:

1. Toggle airplane mode on, wait a few minutes and then off.

2.  Try Triguy's suggestions above: (seems to reset your SIM card/plan)

Lost/stolen phone trick

Manually loading $1 to your account

3. Network reset

@ChuckYeah wrote:

I don't see any good reason for this to happen to you. Any chance it's on his end? Do you have another US number you can try to call? I thought it MAY have something to do with last nights update, but if you called him today, that's not likely either.

Sorry, I just reread the thread and now know it isn't on his end.

I don't see any good reason for this to happen to you. Any chance it's on his end? Do you have another US number you can try to call? I thought it MAY have something to do with last nights update, but if you called him today, that's not likely either.

Shane_1011

I have submitted a ticket to the moderator team and currently waiting for a reply from them. The number I'm calling to the states is not one that you posted. I have called my dad (number from the states) almost every day with not problem. I was actually speaking with him about 2 hours ago.

I'm not sure what has happened, but if you need a quick fix, you can sign up for a fongo.com account in the meantime and calls to the US are only $.02 / min. You'll have a different number, but it will work in a pinch in cases like this.

Also, I'd start a conversation with a moderator now. If you don't get your answer here, you'll need their help.

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

@Shane_1011 

By chance are you calling the following numbers which PM plans are not able to call

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726, 530-881.

Shane_1011

Seems I can make canadian calls but not to the states. My plan is active and includes unlimited talk for Canada and US. Renweal date is October 23rd and I have it set to autopay.

Did it indicate you were still on the proper plan?

Can you text and call Canadian numbers?

When was your renewal date?

Shane_1011

Account is active and I have rebooted the phone. Nothing has changed.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your account status to make sure it is active.  Try the lost/stolen feature. Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.  Also try adding a $1 payment. If you still have problems then submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Need Help? Let's chat.