cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to the network

KrisEnders
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I've been using Public mobile for several months, suddenly my phone won't connect to the network, I can't call or text. This is a huge problem as it is my business phone. I have talked to the Bot and none of the offered solutions worked including the network reset.  Please help

apparently it's the phone, thanks for the fast support, this is a great community!

11 REPLIES 11

Danny14

How did you fix this on your phone. Switched to PM from Telus and SIM card causing phone to go to SOS mode. Put Telus SIM card back in and works fine. Any help?

@KrisEnders wrote:

Thanks, it turns out it was a prob with the phone itself.

@KrisEnders   Thanks for the update.  Good to hear you were able to troubleshoot and resolve your issue.

KrisEnders

Thanks, it turns out to be a problem with the phone.

KrisEnders

Thanks, it turns out it was a prob with the phone itself.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@KrisEnders 

Try a few things for iPhone reset all network settings and for android airplane mode off then on power off the phone take battery and SIM card out (depending on the phone if battery can be removed) wait 3 minutes hold power for 30 seconds then put sim and battery back in then turn on phone than should work if not contact a mod

@KrisEnders wrote:

Thanks, I'm on the $25/m plan, Ive topped up the payment, reset the network, taken the sim out and put it in again, started and restarted. still nothing

@KrisEnders    Does your account show as Active when you log in and if it was renewal did the payment get applied?   You can also try clicking the Reactivate button if the account appears to have expired.  Another thing to try to top up your account with one $1 and restart your phone.

Otherwise contact moderators either via chatbot bottom right of screen and follow prompts or by clicking the envelope icon top right and send a private message to Moderator_Team to take a look at your account or try this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BTW did you check the last four digits of your SIM in your account as suggested earlier by @Dunkman 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@KrisEnders    You probably accepted my post as the solution in error and need to now remove the solution as I didn't provide any suggestions and was asking what had been tried.

KrisEnders

Thanks, I'm on the $25/m plan, Ive topped up the payment, reset the network, taken the sim out and put it in again, started and restarted. still nothing

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@KrisEnders 

Is your account status active?

Check your SIM card number in your self service account.  Make sure that the last 4 digits match your phone's SIM card.  Have been some Sim hijacking cases recently. 

Check out this thread

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Swap-Fraud/m-p/650969

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@KrisEnders wrote:

Hi, I've been using Public mobile for several months, suddenly my phone won't connect to the network, I can't call or text. This is a huge problem as it is my business phone. I have talked to the Bot and none of the offered solutions worked including the network reset.  Please help

@KrisEnders   What plan are you on, also what are the suggestions you have tried?

Edit:  Perhaps @mimmo  can remove the incorrect solution as I see he just signed in, thanks.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account to check the status.  Try rebooting your phone.  If you have another phone then try swapping the sim.  If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the bubble on the bottom right corner.

[highlight ...... Luddite]

Need Help? Let's chat.