cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to network

chucker8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

All of a sudden my phone cannot connect to the network.

I have tried the following:

-Rebooting

-Removing and reinserting the SIM card

-Reset network settings

I'm also not able to submit a ticket because I'm getting an error logging in even though I have the correct username and password.

13 REPLIES 13

@chucker8 wrote:

ok i checked the sim number and the last 4 numbers do not match.

I'll continue with your instructions from there.
thanks

@chucker8  - so sorry, that sounds like you have been SIM-JAcked. 😞

Contact the moderators as @kb_mv shows with the link provided.

*change your account password

*change you security questions

*check you banking/credit card credentials

*obtain a new SIM and change it back to the new on you purchased so you can get your phone number back.

chucker8

ok i checked the sim number and the last 4 numbers do not match.

I'll continue with your instructions from there.
thanks

@chucker8 wrote:

I can't call anyone. Any outgoing call fails with message "Emergency calls only"

One thing to check would be if the network has been accidently set to only use LTE networks. I know that you've already reset the network settings, and that most modern smartphones don't usually have an LTE-only setting, but it's not impossible for a phone to be set that way from within the hidden settings menus (which would prevent phone calls).  Data isn't working either?  If data isn't working either, or you actually seeing "bars" in your signal meter?

I would also try your SIM card in another device to rule out any remote possibily that your device's IMEI has been (accidently) reported as stolen.

chucker8

I can't call anyone. Any outgoing call fails with message "Emergency calls only"

@Gregmt wrote:

Check your APN settings to make sure they didn't default to the original phone providers configuration or that the phone dropped the APN from memory that you entered for Public Mobile. 

Please note that APN settings are unrelated with a device not connecting to the cellular network. Those APN settings do not even need to be set to connect and are only required to use mobile data.

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@kb_mv On second thought, I am not sure.  The password doesn't work but I assumed it won't work to get into account but it could just be an error when trying to make the ticket.

@cavemantoronto No worries. In any case @chucker8 should definitely get a moderator involved.

@kb_mv On second thought, I am not sure.  The password doesn't work but I assumed it won't work to get into account but it could just be an error when trying to make the ticket.

@chucker8 Send a private message to the moderators at the following link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Check your APN settings to make sure they didn't default to the original phone providers configuration or that the phone dropped the APN from memory that you entered for Public Mobile. 

Other thing is that someone may have ported your number and account to their phone. Happened to my wife a while back. Moderator had to get involved. We also had to contact the original phone company that the number we were using was from. It got worked out after a 5 day period. Public Mobile gave us a temporary number until it got sorted. They were great 

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@kb_mv The member doesn't have access to the account to check the sim card number.

@cavemantoronto I should read closer, I missed that completely, Thanks.

@chucker8 Does your self serve password work to get to account? Or it only not work for ticket?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@chucker8 Go into your account and check under Replace Sim. See if the last 4 numbers shown are the same as on the sim card in your phone. If not you have been sim jacked/swapped. Suspend service under lost phone and contact a mod as indicated by @cavemantoronto immediately. If your number is tied to any 2FA or lost password accounts you better go in and make sure everything is secure.

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the chat bubble bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 12.40.34 PM.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Call your number. Is it ringing elsewhere?  If it is, someone stole your phone number. Click on chat bubble to make a ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.