cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t believe that I lost my beloved number!

fymaysnow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Due to Covid 19,I haven't used my phone number for a long time,But I really registered for automatic payment!

Today, I found out that I lost my number. This is my favorite number. This number is very important to my business! I can't believe I will lose it! Please help me restore my account as soon as possible, my number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxc

Thanks!

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

9 REPLIES 9

@Jb456 

I doubt the number would be gone without account being purged

So they will have chance to get it during the sign up.

Sorry I just thought it was obvious.

Thanks for pointing out

But if people have the time they could also keep reloading the list of numbers, that is possible with lots of zen

@kselmak just an FYI. You only have the option to select last 4 digits during first sign up.

Afterwards going into your account and selecting "change number" gives you a pool of numbers. You can continue to refresh that pool for new numbers but you cannot search last 4 digits.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If it has been more than 90 days it's gone

The good news is that you could catch it if it is not assigned already, call it and check

Choose the same province and exchange, once when you get a similar number with the first 3 same digits click to choose your own last 4 digits.

If it says unavailable it's probably not back in the pool, you can wait a bit or contact moderators to see if they can help

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@fymaysnow  Try:

- dialing 611

- logging into your account 

If both fail it's likely your number/account have been deleted, or your account was stolen. In either case your number is lost. 
Contact the moderators to find out which. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@fymaysnow  If your account was suspended due to Auto-Pay failing to no fault of your own then Public Mobile should try and get back your number.

You need to submit a ticket explain what happened and ask them to get your number back. Another reason why PM should fix their Auto-Pay problem asap!!

Hit the ? button right of your screen to submit a ticket.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@fymaysnow 

If your account is closed contact the moderators to see if they can assist you:

Note: Autopay does sometimes fail.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Please click 3 dots on right of your post and edit the post to remove your phone number listed as this is a public forum and everyone can see it.

@hairbag1 can you remove from your quote? Thanks

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@fymaysnow 

This is a public forum choose 3 vertical dots and edit out your number.

dots.jpg

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@fymaysnow wrote:

Due to Covid 19,I haven't used my phone number for a long time,But I really registered for automatic payment!

Today, I found out that I lost my number. This is my favorite number. This number is very important to my business! I can't believe I will lose it! Please help me restore my account as soon as possible, my number is xxxxxxx!

Thanks!

When did your account last renew ? When a plan expires, you have 90 days to renew or the account and number go away for good.

Need Help? Let's chat.