cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access to old number for verification

askyoba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed to a BC number yesterday and tried to change registered numbers for different websites. Unfortunately I had to receive verification codes sending to my old number in order to log into CRA, Amazon etc. that uses authentication. I want to ask help from the new owner of my old number but I am not sure when someone will take that number. Please suggest how to solve this and whether public mobile can help? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

askyoba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks. I will call CRA. Hopefully there are also numbers for other websites I can call.

My new number can receive text.

@hTideGnow wrote:

@LurganIeUk   CRA always calls me and I need to press 1 to talk to an agent .. Oops, sorry, those are the fake one  🙂

Yes real CRA can be reached on the phone to update information.

Last one I had was press "0" and I do!!!

For CRA phone number change you will have to call them as you cannot change it yourself (to my best knowledge...)

@LurganIeUk   CRA always calls me and I need to press 1 to talk to an agent .. Oops, sorry, those are the fake one  🙂

Yes real CRA can be reached on the phone to update information.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

For CRA do you not key in the number for them to call?  If not then can you not go onto your account here and update it? <= Duh.....a vicious circle...sorry for suggesting. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@askyoba   You are saying the website is sending to your old number for verification?  That is not something PM can help.    You have to call the support for CRA or that other websites and tell them you changed phone number and ask them what to do

Also, old number are not assigned to anyone yet, it will not be recycled for at least a month or 3 months

or do  you also mean you cannot receive text on your new number?  Which BC area code you have?  There is a new area code known to have trouble receiving text I think

Need Help? Let's chat.