cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Text to US numbers from Canada but have unlimited international texting

ChicotheYorkie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't text to US numbers from Canada even though my plan has unlimited international texting

It used to work but isn't working now.

I confirmed my plan.  I have shut off and re-started my phone (Android)

8 REPLIES 8

ChicotheYorkie

Thanks.  Finally found the right place.  Messaging wouldn't shut down but two supporting systems with it did.  I'm waiting to see if that worked.

@ChicotheYorkie  if on an Android phone settings - app and notifications - messages - force stop. Then restart your phone. Before you do this have you tried just restarting your phone and texting to the US with the +1. Stay safe. 

ChicotheYorkie

Thanks for the reminder.  I'm an over 50 trying to advise an over 80

ChicotheYorkie

"Go to the processes of your phone and shut down the Text app."

Thanks.

I have no idea how to do this.  I found the default Messaging App but could not shut it down.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

In the meantime while you try to get it resolved, you could try using wifi apps like WhatsApp or Textnow.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@ChicotheYorkie Go to the processes of your phone and shut down the Text app. Then, open it and use +1 in front of the number you sent the message.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ChicotheYorkie  You should be able to send texts as International texts are included. Check your dialer settings and make sure you are dialing the correct number. If you are using your contacts try dialing the number directly.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ChicotheYorkie try the text with a +1 in front of the number. Restart your phone.  Stay safe.

Need Help? Let's chat.