cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Receive Calls?

Rhythilin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I currently have an issue where my phone can make calls, send texts, but cannot recieve calls. I have also already recieved a text on my phone that says that my phone has been ported but still my phone still cannot recieve calls. 

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8 

8 REPLIES 8

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try rebooting your phone and if it still can't receive calls/text message, it's stuck in port and only a mod can help (send them a private message with all your previous account information & they'll work on it and get back to you within 48 hours).

@819cookie wrote:

Have you tried setting up your mailbox with personal name with your own voice ???

then wait 30 minutes. 

it worked with my friend's phone. 

Setting up your voicemail box is not going to fix an issue of incoming calls not working.  The only thing that could possibly do would be to make the voicemail work.  Either way, the voicemail box also isn't going to mind if it's someone else's voice, nor would it matter what name was recorded.

819cookie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have you tried setting up your mailbox with personal name with your own voice ???

then wait 30 minutes. 

it worked with my friend's phone. 

@Rhythilin wrote:

I currently have an issue where my phone can make calls, send texts, but cannot recieve calls. I have also already recieved a text on my phone that says that my phone has been ported but still my phone still cannot recieve calls. 

Public Mobile sending you that text message is supposed to be confirmation that everything is complete.  I would call your number (from a different phone) and find out where it is ringing.  Is it going to your Public Mobile voicemail? Is it going t your old carrier's voicemail?  Are you hearing an error message such as not in service or hearing a busy signal?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rhythilin wrote:

When did you initiated your port?

Are you porting a landline number or mobile number?

Porting a landline will take about a week.  Porting a mobile number may take a few hours to couple of days.

Is your old SIM card still working?

If yes, continue to use it until it stop working.  Then, start using your new PM SIM card.

If not, as suggested by others, moderator my need to fix your stuck port.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rhythilin wrote:

It just means that the port hasn't been completed yet. To verify just insert your old SIM and if you can still make receive calls just continue to use it until it stops working. At that point insert your PM SIM and everything should work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rhythilin wrote:

Maybe restart the phone?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Rhythilin It's probably have a stuck port, you will need to contact a moderator. You can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Need Help? Let's chat.